Want to build a desktop around 40K, suggestions please..

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I will build a new PC in two weeks, my budget is 40K. Will I get good specs in this budget? I only need the CPU+Motherboard+Cabinet, coz other things I already have(in my signature) and don't wanna upgrade. I wanna stay with Intel, so please recommend me a good spec. My main purpose is multimedia, like- playing 1-2 hrs of game (high graphics), watching HD movies and a lot of surfing per day.
I will keep my current system as a back up.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Saurav.

Death_Knight

True Evil Never Dies
I will build a new PC in two weeks, my budget is 40K. Will I get good specs in this budget?
Good!!! :shock: You'll get a monster in this budget. You have to buy RAM since DDR2 is outdated and not compatible with current system.

Here's from Intel:
i7 950: 15.4k
MSI X58 Pro-E: 10.4k
CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 Triple Channel Kit: 7.9k
CM 690II Advanced (Transparent): 6.3k
Total: 40k
[Local prices are less]

Go for lower Cabby if you want to save money..

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well, I think I will stick with Intel Motherboard, and I will never buy a CM PSU again, already have a damaged 600W eXtreme power plus which is just 2 weeks old. So Corsair will be the other option I guess.
Regards.

Death_Knight

True Evil Never Dies
Errr.. no idea about Intel.. I usually stick to MSI/Gigabyte..
Have seen Intel DX58SO at ITW for 12.6k.. Seems good

BTW, have you included PSU within Cabinet budget??
I thought it was seperate, so quoted a CM cabby... it comes without PSU.
You can trust CM for cabbys

For PSU, Corsair will not be your "other", but "the best" option in terms of value/availability.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Okay, thanks. But I was searching about i7 950 and everywhere it's stated more or less 25k, have the price fallen recently? They said i7 975 extreme at 59k !!! I am not mentioning the names...
No I didn't include PSU price with Cabinet.

Death_Knight

True Evil Never Dies
All prices quoted from SMC (RAM from ITW)
Check Here for i7 950

While buying PSU give a lot of thought about future upgradation, the board can support a LOT... Check the requirements from outervision PSU calculator

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Don't go for Intel original motherboard go for msi or gigabyte ....i am using msi motherboard for 2 years no problem till now.
Go for what Death knight has said but chose cabinet as coolermaster Haf 922 this is very nice looking cabinet and performs also good believe me...you will amazed by its hot looks and cooling cababilities.
You should also upgrade your graphics card in this budget you should do that if you want to play games in full hd.
Chose N460GTX Hawk 1 Gb is super card for the price i but believe me you able to play hard and in full throttle.

For psu you can go for Corsair Vx 550 or corsair gs 600 depending upon the configuration you chose.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Thanks guys, but I am not buying a new GPU for now, and if I have to play in HD then I've to change my monitor too, coz it's resolution is 1680*1050, it's 2 years old, and my 9800Gt is not that bad. Actually I never used any Motherboard beside Intel's for last 8 years, that's why I've a lot of faith in them. Anyway, I understand that it's time for some new.
Regards.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
I will build a new PC in two weeks, my budget is 40K. Will I get good specs in this budget? I only need the CPU+Motherboard+Cabinet, coz other things I already have(in my signature) and don't wanna upgrade. I wanna stay with Intel, so please recommend me a good spec. My main purpose is multimedia, like- playing 1-2 hrs of game (high graphics), watching HD movies and a lot of surfing per day.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Saurav.

do you need a GPU & SMPS or not!!!! :|

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Compare to intel original msi/gigabyte motherboard performs quite better and durability also long.My old Intel 945 GCNL motherboard died after 1 year after creating so many problem.So don't go for Intel original also the servive takes quite a long time if the board becomes faulty.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i cant comment on intel build quality of mobos but their service is bad. very bad. takes a long time as mentioned by amartya87.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
My current PSU is a CM Extreme Power Plus 600W, which is damaged, purchased just two weeks ago. Anyway, buying a Corsair 550W tomorrow. Right now I have a 3 years old e-life 500w, which is not good.
Regards.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
You should chose your smps depending upon your configuration you chose.I talking about buy the psu after you purchased processor+motherboard and ram you chose.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Saurav.

Yes but not the PSU

like you said up there, if you want really good graphics, the main H/W to upgrade is your GPU!!!!

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I will change it, but not now, don't wanna invest behind it. And I found that most of the newly released games matches my GPU requirement, but not my CPU, that's why I am keen to change the CPU first, GPU later.

Top Bottom