Want a new system please help

forexworld12

Broken In
q1) What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?

a1) Well I'm an Intraday stock trader . A chartist .. so I'll be using application like Tradestation and interactive brokers platform application which requires some heavy work. I'll be using multiple monitors. one for trading other for surfing,information etc

Q2) What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

A2) 30K would be my budget . maximum 35k

Q3) 3. Planning to overclock?

A3) NO

Q4) 4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

A4) windows 8.1 +

Q5) How much hard drive space is needed?

A5) Not much at all, even a 160gb/250gb(2nd hand) would do . But it should be very fast . if its no longer available on the market I'll go with the minimum that is available

q6) 6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

A6) . I already have a sealed pack Dell S2240L monitor .. The other one I'll be buying after a few months so its irrelevant with the current budget

q7) Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

a7) my current hard disk its 500 gb seagate and a graphic card

q8) When are you planning to buy the system?

a8) imminently

q9)Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

a9) it will be done by an assembler

q10) Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

a10) I live in kolkata. Basically if the stuff is not available online on flipkart or amazon Then I might just by locally but I am totally cool with buying stuff online.

q11) Anything else which you would like to say?

Yes so basically I have a small office room in my flat andthe problem is there is no air conditioner in that room. So I am looking for a top notch cabinet(around 3-4k) with 3-4 cooling fans inside it . I also want a one that looks very classy/elegant .. I am also looking for a good PSU and cabinet coolers that would completely keep my system cool. this is very important to me

My current processor is i3 3rd generation and 2 kingston gb ram . I want to upgrade these both to something faster .
Plus a wireless mouse and keyboard and the best clarity headset for voip calls and for having a conference ..
thanks

OP
F

forexworld12

Broken In
Wow. no answers at all :(

Anyways so here are the specification that I am planninng to buy from primageabgd.com, snapdeal and flipkart -

I already pre own a monitor - Dell S2240L 21.5 inch LED Monitor so excluding this everything is mentioned below -

DEEPCOOL KENDOMEN TI MID TOWER COMPUTER CASE = rs 3950
Antec VP450P = rs 2534
ASUS B85M-G = rs 6400
Intel I3 4150 = rs 8000 (Primeabgd.com)
Asus DRW-24D3ST DVD Burner Internal Optical Drive = rs 1000
SEAGATE 160GB IDE 3.5" INTERNAL HARD DISK = rs 1400
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO Intel CPU Cooler ( for cooling down xpu) = rs 1800
UPS Intex 600 Va Ups Green X725 = rs 1500
Dell KM113 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse = rs 1194
Sennheiser PC 8 Over-Ear USB VOIP Headphone with Mic = rs 1800

Total = rs 29578

My main purpose is cooling as my desktop is in a closed room so for that my cabinet comes with 5 pre installed fans, a good smps(I was considering SS400BT seasonic but I choose the antec because its 450W for a lower price) 1 cpu cooler

I was considering fx 6300 processor at first but someone told me they heat up a lot and auotmatically shut down so I rejected it as my room in already in a hot place ..

If anyone has any better suggestions to add or replace/remove anything please let me know .. Esp if you know any other good voip headphone with mic for a similar price..

Thanks

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ You don't need custom cooler for CPU, stock one will do good. Also if you want that much storage space only, buy a Samsung 850 Evo 120 GB SSD instead of the 160 GB HDD.

Get a Kingston HyperX Blu 4 GB ram stick for 2.2-2.4k

vish92

Broken In

Anyways so here are the specification that I am planninng to buy from primageabgd.com, snapdeal and flipkart -

I already pre own a monitor - Dell S2240L 21.5 inch LED Monitor so excluding this everything is mentioned below -

Antec VP450P = rs 2534
ASUS B85M-G = rs 6400

Total = rs 29578

My main purpose is cooling as my desktop is in a closed room so for that my cabinet comes with 5 pre installed fans, a good smps(I was considering SS400BT seasonic but I choose the antec because its 450W for a lower price) 1 cpu cooler

I was considering fx 6300 processor at first but someone told me they heat up a lot and auotmatically shut down so I rejected it as my room in already in a hot place ..

If anyone has any better suggestions to add or replace/remove anything please let me know .. Esp if you know any other good voip headphone with mic for a similar price..

Thanks

First, as far as i know there is no IDE port in that motherboard. So the hard disk you selected wont work.

Second, there is no need to spend so much on the cabinet. Trading software will not make the CPU roar! Temp will be okay even in closed room conditions.

Hrishi

Antec VP450P = rs 2534
ASUS B85M-G = rs 6400

Total = rs 29578

Thanks

Strip away that HDD and After market cooler. That i3 would do good even with a stock Cooler , even if it's a closed room.

- - - Updated - - -

Also ,you can reduce your build cost by saving a bit on the Cabinet. Buy a cabinet that expensive only if you are planning to do some upgrades in future , else a normal cabinet would suffice.

mitraark

Decrepit
You're being paranoid with the heat issue.

Buying a budget PC with a 4k cabinet is absurd. Go for a metal cabinet of Zebronics for Rs 1000. The one or two fans supplied with it would be enough, if you really want to keep your system from heating up, clean the dust monthly or quarterly.

I've used my PC inside a dump of a hostel room full of garbage on the top floor experiencing hot climate of Durgapur ~50 C , it used to run 24x7, for months at a stretch. PCs are not fragile machines anymore which essentially require an AC.

Save money by cutting down on cabinet budget, invest in a entry level GPU and a better UPS, preferably APC.

OP
F

forexworld12

Broken In
^ You don't need custom cooler for CPU, stock one will do good. Also if you want that much storage space only, buy a Samsung 850 Evo 120 GB SSD instead of the 160 GB HDD.

Get a Kingston HyperX Blu 4 GB ram stick for 2.2-2.4k

Are you sure about that ? hmm alright I'll exclude that cpu cooler :)

That samsung 850 evo is way way above my budget... it's like 5 k!!!!

I almost forgot about ram.. I' was looking for the corsair value select 4 x 2 8gb ram.

- - - Updated - - -

First, as far as i know there is no IDE port in that motherboard. So the hard disk you selected wont work.

Second, there is no need to spend so much on the cabinet. Trading software will not make the CPU roar! Temp will be okay even in closed room conditions.

So which HDD can I buy in a similar price range ??

hmm .. I was just taking some extra precaution :p . I'll save some more money on that I'll look for a cheaper cabinet

- - - Updated - - -

Strip away that HDD and After market cooler. That i3 would do good even with a stock Cooler , even if it's a closed room.

- - - Updated - - -

Also ,you can reduce your build cost by saving a bit on the Cabinet. Buy a cabinet that expensive only if you are planning to do some upgrades in future , else a normal cabinet would suffice.

Ok so I have removed the extra cpu cooler and as everyone says stock cooler would be suffice. which HDD in that similar price range do you recommend ?
I will upgrade after a year

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
850 Evo is a SSD as you wanted a very fast hard disk. Its blazing fast and worth the price. Else go for WD Blue 1 TB 7200 rpm hdd.

HD 4400 should be able to handle multiple monitors.

OP
F

forexworld12

Broken In
You're being paranoid with the heat issue.

Buying a budget PC with a 4k cabinet is absurd. Go for a metal cabinet of Zebronics for Rs 1000. The one or two fans supplied with it would be enough, if you really want to keep your system from heating up, clean the dust monthly or quarterly.

I've used my PC inside a dump of a hostel room full of garbage on the top floor experiencing hot climate of Durgapur ~50 C , it used to run 24x7, for months at a stretch. PCs are not fragile machines anymore which essentially require an AC.

Save money by cutting down on cabinet budget, invest in a entry level GPU and a better UPS, preferably APC.

as you suggest sir,but why a gpu? my primary reason to buy that cabinet was because it comes with 5 pre installed fans which would keep the temp always very very low .

I am still confused if I should go with intel i3 or fx6300 ..

- - - Updated - - -

any suggestion for a 160gb HDD?

Last edited:

mitraark

Decrepit
as you suggest sir,but why a gpu? my primary reason to buy that cabinet was because it comes with 5 pre installed fans which would keep the temp always very very low .

I am still confused if I should go with intel i3 or fx6300 ..

- - - Updated - - -

any suggestion for a 160gb HDD?

GPU removes a major bottleneck of a PC, most powerful PC config have an absurdly high end processor and RAM but since they are missing a GPU many multimedia or graphics intensive applications lag.

the Internal GPU on the motherboard might be sufficient for your needs, so leave that.

HDD, how fast do you need it to be, and why ? Normal WD Blue HDDs are fast enough for daily activities, costlier SSDs only provide better load timees for games and large applications and files. Choose wisely.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
If you go with fx6300, you'll need a GPU as it lacks an iGPU.
And again, if you need that much space only, get a SSD instead of HDD.

OP
F

forexworld12

Broken In
GPU removes a major bottleneck of a PC, most powerful PC config have an absurdly high end processor and RAM but since they are missing a GPU many multimedia or graphics intensive applications lag.

the Internal GPU on the motherboard might be sufficient for your needs, so leave that.

HDD, how fast do you need it to be, and why ? Normal WD Blue HDDs are fast enough for daily activities, costlier SSDs only provide better load timees for games and large applications and files. Choose wisely.

I just want a regular 160 GB HDD. I don't want to spend anything more than 1.8-2k on a hard disk.. any recommandation ?

also please suggest another cabinet !

- - - Updated - - -

If you go with fx6300, you'll need a GPU as it lacks an iGPU.
And again, if you need that much space only, get a SSD instead of HDD.

I would really love to but I don't want to spend more than 1.8k and the SDD are for like 4k .. Way to much ground to cover !

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Reconfigured the config as per your requirements.

ProcessorIntel i3 41507,500
CPU CoolerStock0
MotherboardGIGABYTE GA-H81M-S2PH4,400
MemoryKingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB 1600 MHz2,300
Graphics Cardnone0
Power SupplyAntec VP450P2,534
CabinetCooler Master Elite 3112,300
Internal StorageWD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD3,500
Optical DriveAsus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W1,000
Monitornone0
KeyboardDell KM113 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse1,194
Mouseincluded in combo0
Total24,728

Rest components/accessories as per your choice.

OP
F

forexworld12

Broken In

CPU CoolerStock0
Graphics Cardnone0
Monitornone0
Mouseincluded in combo0
Total24,728

thanks for that buddy, really appreciate your help !

So basically the motherboard went down ..
Someone told me that the cpu and motherboard should always be of high quality preferably asus motherbords

How would that gigabyte motherboard compare with Asus H81M-C ???

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Someone told me that the cpu and motherboard should always be of high quality preferably asus motherbords

Let others give suggestion on that part.
@sumonpathak, @harshilsharma63 need your advice here

Hrishi

High quality motherboards are not recommended in Budget PCs. The reason why you should buy a high quality MoBo is justified when you consider doing high performance tasks , use a lot of components on your MoBo or overclock a lot.
If you have a good PSU and an UPS , then an expensive MoBo isn't really necessary.

PS : I would recommend you to stick to the configuration which [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] has suggested few posts above.

-------------------

Don't buy AMD Processor as they lack iGPU and would force you to buy external Graphics processor.
AMD CPUs generate more heat and consume more power thus would need you to buy an after market cooler most likely , and a cabinet with more air supply. In short more expenditure on cooling and power supply.
If you don't need too much storage space then go for a SSD , albeit a cheap one but still a SSD is highly recommended. This will dramatically increase the system performance to a level you may even haven't realized yet.
-------------------

Last edited:
OP
F

forexworld12

Broken In

CPU CoolerStock0
Graphics Cardnone0
Monitornone0
Mouseincluded in combo0
Total24,728

[MENTION=129589]SaiyanGoku [/MENTION] .. Alright thank you so much

so as you guys have said I'm buying that processor which [MENTION=129589]SaiyanGoku [/MENTION] has recommend .. I hope its the best processor in that particular price range !!- GIGABYTE GA-H81M-S2PH

Which ram to buy ? there's a sale going on snapdeal -

Kingston HyperX Blu I am getting for rs 2669 -

Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB PC RAM (KHX1600C9D3B1/4G) - Buy RAM Online @ Best Price on Snapdeal.com

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB - I am getting for rs 2417

Corsair DDR3 4GB Desktop RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A11600C9) - Buy RAM Online @ Best Price on Snapdeal.com

OR

simply Corsair DDR3 4 GB = rs 2023

Corsair DDR3 4 GB(1 x 4GB) PC RAM (CMV4GX3M1A1600C11) - Buy RAM Online @ Best Price on Snapdeal.com

which one ?

@SaiyanGoku .. Alright thank you so much

so as you guys have said I'm buying that processor which @SaiyanGoku has recommend .. I hope its the best processor in that particular price range !!- GIGABYTE GA-H81M-S2PH

Which ram to buy ? there's a sale going on snapdeal -

Kingston HyperX Blu I am getting for rs 2669 -

Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB PC RAM (KHX1600C9D3B1/4G) - Buy RAM Online @ Best Price on Snapdeal.com

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB - I am getting for rs 2417

Corsair DDR3 4GB Desktop RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A11600C9) - Buy RAM Online @ Best Price on Snapdeal.com

OR

simply Corsair DDR3 4 GB = rs 2023

Corsair DDR3 4 GB(1 x 4GB) PC RAM (CMV4GX3M1A1600C11) - Buy RAM Online @ Best Price on Snapdeal.com

which one ?

Try finding Kingston HyperX Fury. If you don't find them, get HyperX Blu.

vish92

Broken In
Are you out of your mind? Dont take a GPU. You dont need it. Intel inbuilt graphics is more than enough fro your use.

You can use your old HDD or get 1 tb @ 3500.

Top Bottom