Want a New AMD machine

OK Guys so I bought the new rig here is the config
FX 6300 + Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 - 15500
Kingston Hyper x blu 1600 Mhz 4gb x2 - 5400
Cooler master thunder 600W - 4200 { My Bro-in-Law insisted on it }
Zotac GTX 650 TI Boost 2 GB - 13200

-Also IN the Bios I just changed the profile to optimal and I was able to get 3825Mhz from the processor isn't it awesome, please suggest if it is safe to do this so soon, or should i do it may be 2-3 years later, here is the pic of the BIOS
-Also I am not getting exact 1600Mhz in the RAM is their any problem ?

View attachment 12902
Please also comment about this rig :)

Try to exchange that PSU for Seasonic S12II 520 W or Corsair GS600. CM Thunder is not good at all.

OP
K

king_of all

Journeyman
Just exchange the above Coolermaster PSU with Antec VP450P.OK. You have select the exact RAM profile from the drop down menu in the RAM menu.For eg.1333,1600. You have to select 1600.OK.
I tried that but the options that I could see in the BIOS are eith 14** something and the next upper option is 17** Mhz, so which one should I choose, Also can I OC RAM without the Custom CPU Cooler ?

congrats. post pics also ;)
you should have believed forum members rather than your bro for the choice of power supply.
THanks Man, I was going with Antec VP550p But He was rather persistant for me to buy CM, Also I could not offended him :), Also I will try to post a Cabinet Pic Also Will it be safe for me to Use other Cpu cooler and OC'ed the CPU, Will it not Reduce the life o f the System. I want it toWork fine for 4-5 years :)

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
@king_of all: congrats on your purchase.But change the psu,it WILL ruin your experience,i have seen many people going to NP with that psu in their hands.CHANGE IT ASAP,my cousin brother bought the same psu because the shopkeeper insisted on it and he ended up blowing his graphics card.
CHANGE IT!
Everything else is great! kudos ! :D

Cilus

laborare est orare
king_of all, 1st reset everything to default in the BIOS. The Speed of any component in the system is Base Clock Speed (which is 200 MHz in case of AMD motherboards) X Multiplier. For example, at stock the multiplier of your FX-6300 is 17.5 (200 X 17.5 = 3500). Now when you have done that automatic overclocking, the Core clock speed has been increased to something higher than 200 MHz, probably around 221MHz, resulting all the Ram speeds to be displayed different than 1600 MHz. Actually a 1600 MHz DDR3 Ram runs at 800MHz speed which is derived like 200 MHz (Core Clock Speed) X 4 (Ram Multiplier) = 800 MHz DDR (Double Data Rate) or (800 X 2) = 1600 MHz effective speed. Now since your Core clock speed has been increased around 221 MHz, your options are like 1768 MHz (221MHz X 4 X 2).

So, reset everything in the BIOS 1st and then select the Ram speed from Drop-down and you'll find 1600 on that list.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
THanks Man, I was going with Antec VP550p But He was rather persistant for me to buy CM, Also I could not offended him :), Also I will try to post a Cabinet Pic Also Will it be safe for me to Use other Cpu cooler and OC'ed the CPU, Will it not Reduce the life o f the System. I want it toWork fine for 4-5 years :)

that was i said, you should have believed forum members first. they provide best suggestions and will not try to mislead. if anyone doing so, there are people to correct it ;)
also , overclocking simply means running transistors at higher speed than their usual speed which will certainly reduce the life if it remains in an overclocked state. but dont worry,it will work for any years without any problems. but do keep temps under control.

I tried that but the options that I could see in the BIOS are eith 14** something and the next upper option is 17** Mhz, so which one should I choose, Also can I OC RAM without the Custom CPU Cooler ?

Not with that PSU. No offence, but If your brother knew more you wouldn't have come here in the first place :)

OP
K

king_of all

Journeyman
Without a custom CPU cooler, running Processor at higher speed is not advised if you don't really know what are you doing. Though the stock cooler comes with FX-6300 can handle 200 MHz-300 MHz overclocking. Now 3825MHz is 325MHz higer than the stock speed of the processor which I don't recommend. Also don't use the Automatic overclocking features you are using currently. Instead of learn how to do manual overclocking by changing the CPU current, Multiplier and LLC in the BIOS and 3700 MHz is the speed I recommend with the stock cooler. You don't need to wait 2 years for learning it, just go through some overclocking guides and we can also help you here.
Rams are really overpriced, almost by 800 bucks. And the choice of PSU is not good, though it can handle the GPU. I guess Flipkat is offering lesser price for the Ram.

Thanks for the advice I reset the BIOS to the Default setting and the RAM was showing 1600Mhz automatically :), Also I post the AD on the OLX for the selling of the SMPS, lets see what Happen. I was getting the Antec VS550p in the same price as CM thunder 600W :)

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks for the advice I reset the BIOS to the Default setting and the RAM was showing 1600Mhz automatically :), Also I post the AD on the OLX for the selling of the SMPS, lets see what Happen. I was getting the Antec VS550p in the same price as CM thunder 600W :)

it is vp550p

OP
K

king_of all

Journeyman
it is vp550p
THanks for the correction, I also wanted to know which ups should i buy since my 1 KVA microtek UPS is showing some problem too, like when i start it the main light is very dim { even when the light supply is good and no problem of of any fluctuation
} and it sound the beep like the battery is being used but after some time it gets back to normal ?

I heard APC is a good one, but I was thinling about something in a 800VA

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
THanks for the correction, I also wanted to know which ups should i buy since my 1 KVA microtek UPS is showing some problem too, like when i start it the main light is very dim { even when the light supply is good and no problem of of any fluctuation
} and it sound the beep like the battery is being used but after some time it gets back to normal ?

I heard APC is a good one, but I was thinling about something in a 800VA

you can go for 800va if available. i suggest apc 1100 va which will come handy when you upgrade your gpu in future.

OP
K

king_of all

Journeyman
Which version of APC should i buy also,
Can you tell me how much will i get if i sell my microtek 1KVA ups { bought in 2009 }+ 3 days old CM thunder 600W in nehru place ?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Which version of APC should i buy also,
Can you tell me how much will i get if i sell my microtek 1KVA ups { bought in 2009 }+ 3 days old CM thunder 600W in nehru place ?

if ups is working good , then you may get atleast 5.5k.
this one . Buy Online APC Back UPS 1100 (BR1100CI-IN) in india
buy locally.

OP
K

king_of all

Journeyman
if ups is working good , then you may get atleast 5.5k.
this one . Buy Online APC Back UPS 1100 (BR1100CI-IN) in india
buy locally.

thx for the help here is the pic of my cabinet :)
DSC_0102.jpg

OP
K

king_of all

Journeyman
And why did you buy that cabinet?

That cabinet is a complete crap. Even my Rs. 1000 Zebronics cabinet has better cable management than that :facepalm:

Bought it in 2009 cause the seller told me it was good, Also since i did not did a survey on it, did the survey on other things,
I just downloaded AIO Asus software from there site and it is bundled with very need software their is one called turbo, which overclock the CPU RAM, Was tempt to try it, but as you all were saying NOT WITHOUT CPU COOLER :)

Bought it in 2009 cause the seller told me it was good, Also since i did not did a survey on it, did the survey on other things,
I just downloaded AIO Asus software from there site and it is bundled with very need software their is one called turbo, which overclock the CPU RAM, Was tempt to try it, but as you all were saying NOT WITHOUT CPU COOLER :)

Actually, you CAN do small overclocks with the stock CPU cooler. the problem is the PSU.

OP
K

king_of all

Journeyman
Hey guys I have noticed something new in my pc that whenever i play Prince of persia forgotten sand the CPU FAn is making too much noice it is running at 3500+ rpm is that OK, or should I be worried, also this is happenig when temp in delhi is about 11-14'C ?

Top Bottom