Want a budget gaming keyboard between 2k-3k

AATANKBADI

Right off the assembly line
Need suggestions for a budget gaming keyboard for playing fps games around 2k-3k.I prefer non-membrane keyboards.

azvnoit

Journeyman
I would suggest Logitech G100 Mouse Keyboard combo, bought it for ~1900 around 5 years back and are still going good. I think they have an new version of it by the same name.
Razer Deathstalker is another good keyboard but will cost around ~4k.
Recently saw a review which said DRAGON WAR GKM-001 SENCAIC KEYBOARD & MOUSE COMBO SET is the best gaming keyboard mouse combo to get under 2k. It has a semi-mechanical keyboard (don't know what it means).

If you don't need a mouse at all the Deathstalker is the best pick according to me.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Need suggestions for a budget gaming keyboard for playing fps games around 2k-3k.I prefer non-membrane keyboards.

The only Mechanical Keyboard you will find in that budget is TVS-e Gold. It is worth every penny spent on it.

I would suggest Logitech G100 Mouse Keyboard combo, bought it for ~1900 around 5 years back and are still going good. I think they have an new version of it by the same name.
Razer Deathstalker is another good keyboard but will cost around ~4k.
Recently saw a review which said DRAGON WAR GKM-001 SENCAIC KEYBOARD & MOUSE COMBO SET is the best gaming keyboard mouse combo to get under 2k. It has a semi-mechanical keyboard (don't know what it means).

If you don't need a mouse at all the Deathstalker is the best pick according to me.

It is better to avoid DragonWar brand. The quality of the products is not worth the cost and service is pathetic too. Not at all recommended if OP is planning to use the product for a long time.

azvnoit

Journeyman
True, I don't trust DragonWar brand either (Gaudy design, nothing impressive about performance).

As for TVS-e Gold, yes it is a good mechanical keyboard with cherry switches and that too at such low price point. But I'm not sure of it as a gaming keyboard, as the main feature that I look for is anti-ghosting. I'm not sure whether TVS-e Gold has anti-ghosting and can detect at max 3 simultaneous key presses.

There are many gaming keyboard options at around ~3k, Asus Cerberus or CM Devastator which are good alternates. But if chicklet style keyboard is not an issue then Razer Deathstalker is the best that I've used. Logitech upgraded G100 into G105 which is good cheap gaming keyboard (but is membrane style).
If mechanical is what you want then TVS-e Gold is the cheapest and worth that you can get. For better mechanical, gaming performance budget needs to be around 7k.

Edit: Just read the review of TVS-e Gold (PS2) and it seems anti-ghosting is an issue with USB or a PS2 connected to USB port via convertor. PS2 version of the keyboard connected on PS2 port supports anti-ghosting.

Last edited:
OP
A

AATANKBADI

Right off the assembly line
True, I don't trust DragonWar brand either (Gaudy design, nothing impressive about performance).

As for TVS-e Gold, yes it is a good mechanical keyboard with cherry switches and that too at such low price point. But I'm not sure of it as a gaming keyboard, as the main feature that I look for is anti-ghosting. I'm not sure whether TVS-e Gold has anti-ghosting and can detect at max 3 simultaneous key presses.

There are many gaming keyboard options at around ~3k, Asus Cerberus or CM Devastator which are good alternates. But if chicklet style keyboard is not an issue then Razer Deathstalker is the best that I've used. Logitech upgraded G100 into G105 which is good cheap gaming keyboard (but is membrane style).
If mechanical is what you want then TVS-e Gold is the cheapest and worth that you can get. For better mechanical, gaming performance budget needs to be around 7k.

Edit: Just read the review of TVS-e Gold (PS2) and it seems anti-ghosting is an issue with USB or a PS2 connected to USB port via convertor. PS2 version of the keyboard connected on PS2 port supports anti-ghosting.

I was considering the razer deathstalker essential,but then I found Dragonwar Karura, a similar keyboard with backlighting at a lower price.I dont know about the quality but some reviews say that they are similar except that Karura is very quiet.

Top Bottom