wana purchase antivirus (Kaspersky or Bit Defender)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourishzzz1234

Q6600 Underclocked
A good or rather better option is Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite...*www.zonealarm.com/store/content/company/products/trial_zaFamily/trial_zaFamily.jsp?dc=12bms&ctry=US〈=en&lid=db_trial
OR Try all the antivirus softwares within its trial period and better judge urself dude:cool:
TRY the trials first

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
I am happy with my ZOne alarm security...top notch...no problems from it till now...

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Zone alarm is gud tooo....but on many occasion I have found that its realtime scanning is not up to the mark...many spywares and viruses creep in and carry on their activitis when Zone Alarm is in the background.... But, it has got one of the best firewalls

Kniwor

Learner
kirangp said:
I am happy with my ZOne alarm security...top notch...no problems from it till now...

Z|A has good security, I used it for a long time, but it's configuration options suck, and it has conflicts too very often.

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
kaspersky....
my vote goes with it ..

well some one with avg ???

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
AVG free? then i support it fully.

i just un-installed AVG & installed KAV in my cousin bro's lappy, guess what, KAV found NOTHING in full system scan.

but when i had installed AVG (as a replacement for AVAST), it had found 100+ virus/trojan...(my cousin doesnt browse warez sites, all these came frm cell phone, mail(thunderbird)., which Avast didnt detect))

Kniwor

Learner
s18000rpm said:
AVG free? then i support it fully.

i just un-installed AVG & installed KAV in my cousin bro's lappy, guess what, KAV found NOTHING in full system scan.

but when i had installed AVG (as a replacement for AVAST), it had found 100+ virus/trojan...(my cousin doesnt browse warez sites, all these came frm cell phone, mail(thunderbird)., which Avast didnt detect))

I didn't get the point here, this only proves that avast was not doing the job, why should a AV find virus first time it is installed after another is uninstalled?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Kniwor said:
I didn't get the point here, this only proves that avast was not doing the job,
yes, Avast didnt match the performance AVG gives, ( my cousin used the Avast for nearly 1month, AVG for more than 1.5 years, so...)
why should a AV find virus first time it is installed after another is uninstalled?
btw if i (we) dont scan the whole system after a fresh install of any AV, then the "File Access" time increases (b'coz for the AV every file is a new file, which it scans while opening). so in the process of Full System scan Virus/trojan may/maynot be found. (in my case, AVG found a lots of 'em)

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
The Unknown said:
Go for avast pro. its good. u can also use the free one

why waste money on avast pro go for kasperasky way better than avast

btw if i (we) dont scan the whole system after a fresh install of any AV, then the "File Access" time increases (b'coz for the AV every file is a new file, which it scans while opening). so in the process of Full System scan Virus/trojan may/maynot be found. (in my case, AVG found a lots of 'em)

i've been using AVG for 6 years & never had problems
& people still keep recommending avast.i dont get it.
now i have been proved right again!!! *img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/sealx/icons_smilies/face-laugh.png

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
yeah, AVG is way better than Avast. (atleast in my case:p)

Avast is a "All Show - No Go" (its funky skins...) but AVG is "NO Show - All Go" AV:D

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
shaunak said:
I presonally would discourage anyone from buying quick heal. I wouldnt install it even if they were dishing it out free!

Better use avast, avg, winclam instead and save a few bucks.
I Agree.....
QuickHeal Sux....

Anyways, what do you think about McAfee?? I think it is the best one out there and its price is also resonable, isnt it??

Anyways hope these links help:
*www.pricegrabber.com/p__Kaspersky_Lab_Anti_Virus_6_0,__9126300/
*www.pricegrabber.com/search.php?form_keyword=McAfee&topcat_id=6&Search=Search

I personally think you shud waste no money in AVs for home use.... use Anti-vir or some other free AVs with a good firewall like Kerio or ZoneAlarm free edition... You'd want to check this out too:

*news.softpedia.com/news/Stop-Viruses-For-Free-37956.shtml

mayanks_098

world is evil
i cant understand how can ppl say kav or kis is nt gud, well i use net like hell n i nvr get infectd,im using kaspersky internet security 6.its much above the rest.
in my opinion, kaspersky>nod32>bitdefender

kaspersky n nod32 have uncomparable detection rates while scanning is gud in bit def(btr heuristics)

n did sum1 suggested quick heal n mcafee.....!!!!!

manmay

Journeyman
well i'll say that the author of this thread has made a pretty wise narrow down to two AV packages.: Kaspersky and bitdefender.

i have tried many AV packages over the yrs.. till date.....AVG, avast, norton, bitdefender,kaspersky,zonealarm.

in decreasing order of my preference.
bitdefender=kaspersky
zonealarm=norton
avast
avg

if you want to go with a free package then avast would be a good choice.
but in comparison with paid AV packages they are far behind.

someone said in this forum "dont buy Quickheal even if you get it free" is totally valid.

well i 've rated zonealarm=norton , but there's a huge diff bet the two....as zonealarm requires lots of user interaction and highly configurable while noton is no nonsense no interaction (less configurable), but the over all performance in detecting and treating visures and trojans and all is equal. and both perform pretty well....only jus that noton takes up much more of RAM as compared to others.

till date kaspersky and bit defender were the best in performance very less system load. one major advantage of kaspersky is very frequent updates almost every 2 hrs. which is really commendable. because a new virus(based on new algorithm) on the block will be detected only using the heuristic capabilities of the AV suite....with frequent updates, the AV package knows of the new virus in advance ....

i'll recomend using a complete suite having antivirus and a firewall....because using an antivirus and firewall and maybe spyware separately is jus adding on to the load of the system in terms of RAM.
and also disable the windows firewall if you plan to use another firewall.

never install two antivirus or 2 firewall in the system....it will slow down the system and take up lots of processing and memory resources.

well i must thank s18000RPM for informing me abt the uninstalling problem in kaspersky.....never uninstalled it since installing ..... have only been installing it jusa fter a format....lol.

hope this info helps you...

frontier2002

Broken In
I want to purchase antivirus, shortlisted bitdefender and kaspersky.Which one is the the best among two.Also should i buy it online or through retailer.
Where to get in Nehru Place(give me address if possible)

contact me i can get bit defender and kaspersky for you (3 PC/1 Year)

Status
Not open for further replies.