wana purchase antivirus (Kaspersky or Bit Defender)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
I want to purchase antivirus, shortlisted bitdefender and kaspersky.Which one is the the best among two.Also should i buy it online or through retailer.
Where to get in Nehru Place(give me address if possible)

Kniwor

Learner
Go for kaspersky, It's highly configurable, very advanced, and will be worth the money, and just purchase it online you'll get the right price.

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
nishant_nms said:
If u r a home user I will suggest u to opt free Avast. For corporate PC Kaspersky is better

I want it for my home pc but i do t think avast is a good av

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
I have been using it for 3 years and never got any infection and my pc is 24x7 on net and I use Comodo firewall too.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
nishant_nms said:
I have been using it for 3 years and never got any infection and my pc is 24x7 on net and I use Comodo firewall too.

Viruses are over hyped. Each & every virus out there requirs a user's action to install. Just use something like noScript for firefox if thats your default browser or Ad muncher with some common sence on what you are clicking & you don't need an AV.

Still, if you want one anyway, then here are two options to buy.

1) No nsence & idiot proof AV with 512MB RAM or more - NAV 2007. Just install & forget it.

2) Kaspersky - A light on CPU & RAM AV, but requires frequent user interaction. Sometimes it will slow your computer like hell just cos it is scaning something in the background even when you don't want it to scan

Kniwor

Learner
gx_saurav said:
2) Kaspersky - A light on CPU & RAM AV, but requires frequent user interaction. Sometimes it will slow your computer like hell just cos it is scaning something in the background even when you don't want it to scan

I'd like to interrupt u here, but it's highly configurable , and If u configure it properly, it will not trouble u, and definitely not scan when u dont want it to, the level of security it provides is astounding.

blackpearl

The Devil
If you are going to buy it I suggest NOD32. Its extremely light on resources and very good detection rate and has the best heuristic scanner available (according to tests). Use the trial version for 30 days and then decide.

go for kaspersky.... if is simple and effective...very well for anti-piracy... :)

also scan some virus files through virustotal.com

and get idea....

abhijangda

Padawan
I will say you use quick heal (if you install windows frequently). It is good and very effective. It's your choice what you want to buy but qh is best. Other av's are also good. Buy through retailer as on online anyone could track your credit card number.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
when testing Kaspersky AV, dont just un-install it as usual as you'd with other AV's (NAV too an exception),:D, download the "KAV/KIS Remove" tool from kaspersky labs website:wink:, or be ready with Windows Install Disk:D

IMO get KAV or KIS & use ZoneAlarm Free (as firewall).

as Kniwor said, KIS/KAV are highly configurable.

just a example
*img488.imageshack.us/img488/874/untitledcl9.th.jpg == *img479.imageshack.us/img479/3661/untitled1un4.th.jpg
Office Guard = = = = Application Activity Analyser

i used to keep the "Auto Scan Critical Areas" enabled, (GX's case), but disabled it as dont visit much of crack sites nowadays:D.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
Kaspersky is the best antivirus..I have ever used !!!

No slow up of the computer ..and EXCELLENT ..virus scan technology...install it and sit back and surf net..without any worry..

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
gx_saurav said:
this is one reason why I don't like Kaspersky. It has a mind of its own. And often in the startup, it interferes with other Programs. But, once loaded, it works great. Another reason I didn't like it was the uninstallation problem. I didn't know about the problem. I simply uninstalled it and with it my 80 GB of data said bye-bye to me and went away :(
Since then, I am using Bitdefender. And I have found that.its pretty better than Kaspersky and cleans viruses much faster than KAV. Only one con I found is that it use a bit more Ram than KAV.

See the review from Topten reviews.com

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^in post#14, i've mentioned that one should'nt just remove it from "add/remove prog" menu/ progm. menu ->uninstall.

while removing they should use the ".KIS/KAV remove tool"

so guys having KIS/KAV please take note of this problem.
the unisnstalling is very messy in KAV/KIS

shaunak

Tux Fan
abhijangda said:
I will say you use quick heal (if you install windows frequently). It is good and very effective. It's your choice what you want to buy but qh is best. Other av's are also good. Buy through retailer as on online anyone could track your credit card number.

I presonally would discourage anyone from buying quick heal. I wouldnt install it even if they were dishing it out free!

Better use avast, avg, winclam instead and save a few bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom