voicemail on Iphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedi

Right off the assembly line
Since yesterday I got that great new Iphone which I love!!

got it unlocked and fully operational on the airtel network including EDGE.

Last thing I am struggling with is the voicemail. Of course it is activated but the Iphone asks for a voicemail box number. all the operators of the world have the national and international voicemail number on their website but the Airtel number is unkown and I cannot find it anywhere! It is normally handset enabled and that is all they can tell me at customer care...(121).

Who know more about this?

I also like to share some info:

Voicemail:
For all iphone owners, to put the correct voicemail number under the voicemail buttor you set it like this:

set: *5005*86*voicemailnumber#
check: *5005*86#

Setting SMS centre:

set: *5005*7672*centrenumber#
check: *5005*7672#

other interesting info on EDGE:

if you use GPRS it depends on your operator if your line will be engaged or free to receive calls. you check that with:

-How you check:
Go to phone and than to 'keypad' and type: *3001#12345#* and press Call. You will enter: FieldTest.app. go to GPRS info by clicking GPRS Information. Check what is mentioned after nom.

1 = reachable while on GPRS
2 = not reachable while on GPRS

Last edited:
OP
J

Jedi

Right off the assembly line
Sorry guys but work and travelling consumes a lot of my time.

If you just use google you will find various ways of getting the Iphone in India.

• Online puchasing via international webshops,
  • you can get it yourself in the US (cheapest)
  • You can buy it in Singapore
  • local shops like Channel9 in Jayanagar, Bangalore
So don`t tell me you really did your best to get one! I bought a few iphones at local shops as it is the easiest and fastest way and I got some shipped from US. (risk of duties) Next onth I will go to Singaore and probably buy a few pieces for friends.

Mine is running on 1.1.2 now with Airtel and I still think it is great! :D

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
camera is good for video but not gud for still images, it has plastic lens, the quality of still image is better than other phones but not comparable with any 2MP digital still camera yet.

smasher

Broken In
there is a 3rd party app for iphone called iPhone video recorder which allows video capture. I have iphone wish I know de voicemail no.

voicemail no is 9815098200. Googled it. Will test and post it later. For fellow iphoners use Installer. There are lot of iPhone apps there. Especially the ps1 emulator and the gameboy advanceemu

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom