Vodafone 3G service

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Hi,
Anyone here using Vodafone 3G service for mobile. I was planning to take one and saw that they mentioned Rs 375 for 1gb transfer.

But when I called, the IVR system said it is 500MB for Rs375.

Please let me know if anyone using 3G for Vodafone and also let me know how is the service.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well Vodafone 3G Tarrifs have been changed. Better speak to customer care to know the right prices.

IVR and Website is not updated at all....

The prices here in Kolkata are...
42/- : 150MB
103/- : 300MB
250/- : 1GB
450/- : 2GB
1050/-(approx, I forgot the actual price) : 10GB

So better confirm with CC.

And regarding service, I can say that it's good. I get 2Mbps here in Kolkata, but many members from other cities reported they are getting much higher speed.

Vignesh B

Youngling
Am using Vodafone 3G(Prepaid), Rs251 for 1GB. They offer 2GB for Rs. 451. The IVR still states my plan to be 500MB. But I do get 1GB.
Same should apply in your case too(Assuming you are talking about the postpaid Rs375 plan) But you may like to confirm with a customer care executive.
As far as the IVR is concerned, they have still not updated it & it mentions only the previous tariff plans.
I do get pretty decent, stable download speeds(around 1.8 to 2Mbps) most of the time. Browsing also feels smooth.

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Just talked to the customer care and he said a different story...

Rs 100 for 300MB
Rs 375 for 1.GB
Rs 850 for 5 GB

Problem is they start charging 10p/10kb after that... why not make it user friendly and make the connection 2g after free usage is consumed.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hi,
Anyone here using Vodafone 3G service for mobile. I was planning to take one and saw that they mentioned Rs 375 for 1gb transfer.

But when I called, the IVR system said it is 500MB for Rs375.

Please let me know if anyone using 3G for Vodafone and also let me know how is the service.

Use Aircel 3g it is cheap 198 for 1gb then unlimited.

Vignesh B

Youngling
Vodafone has not changed the postpaid plans. It is the prepaid plans that they have made cheaper. They have left the postpaid plans untouched. The tariff mentioned by @krishnandu.sarkar are for prepaid customers.
The plans told by the cc are correct for a postpaid customer. But I feel its not worth that much amount.
And they charge 2p/10KB now after FUP.

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Vodafone has not changed the postpaid plans. It is the prepaid plans that they have made cheaper. They have left the postpaid plans untouched. The tariff mentioned by @krishnandu.sarkar are for prepaid customers.
The plans told by the cc are correct for a postpaid customer. But I feel its not worth that much amount.
And they charge 2p/10KB now after FUP.

Yes its never worth that but sometime we need that due to urgency...

Anyone knows if I use 3G for Skype to Skype calling... how much data that will consume

mastervk

In the zone
for vodafone postpaid i got 1.5 Gb for Rs 375.But now website is showing only 1 GB for Rs 375 in new scheme.It is also not possible to track your usage as their system is down till July.
Speed is fine in Mumbai..

alokanand

Right off the assembly line
YA they have reduced their plans for prepaid not postpaid,,,Skype does not consume much for a voice calls goes for around 80 kbps to 100kbps and and video call around 500kbps (these are kilo bits)

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Well I will be able to check my usage on ICS :p

Website and IVR and what customer care says are all 3 different tariff

sc3n3l0v3r

Journeyman
for me Vodafone sux at my place ......
Airtel 3G is gud for me ....and vodafone prices are really confusing.
I think they have messed things around after the changes in their plans...... its advisable to talk with CC before doing any sort of recharge ;-)

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Just got subscribed to Vodafone 3G ... Rs 375 for 1.5 gb. Performance is good... getting over 2MBPS and clear Skype to Skype calling.

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Now this is crap. I activated 3G and the phone every 2-3 min wakes up and says SIM DATA REFRESHING and also shows Roming sign every now and then.

I asked the CC and they said pls change the sim and get a new one. I got one and the problem is still there.

The moment i change it to GSM only it works fine.

Top Bottom