Visual Basic error!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
Hello
I have Winows XP. I have installed Visual Basic 6 in my computer. Every time I try to open a saved file in VB I get a error report and VB closes How can I get rid of this problem?
-Deepak

puja399

In the zone
What error report u r getting?? Please give more info and if possible, a screencap too. Have u installed the XP service pack and V.Studio Service pack ?

OP
deepak.krishnan

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
Sorry , Can u give me ur mail ID please???
I will send the screen shot to you about the error. Please help me fast Didi. I have my Practical exams next monday.

puja399

In the zone
Why don't u post the details of ur problem, if any, in this board? U can post the images too, upload them to imageshack(*www.imageshack.us/) and post the link here. I think if u share ur problem with all the members of this board, u will get better help, as I think there are several members here who possess far more knowledge in VB than what I do.

nirubhai

Broken In
are you opening a .vbp file or .frm file?
it is possible that if you open only the .frm file, you might get an error. in that case try opening the .vbp file.

in any other case, what is the error? can you elaborate more?

OP
deepak.krishnan

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
[img=*img327.imageshack.us/img327/608/vberror1sq.jpg]

i hope u all get wut the error indicates.

I can open a .vbp file but not the *.frm filen in it. Thats when the error appears.

calvin

Broken In
your screen shot doesn't provide sufficient info . do one thing click the error report. take a screen shot of it post it again . then i'll try my bit

Baroon

Broken In
Are you able to create new project ? If yes then your project file might have been corrupted. If no then this error has nothing to do with Visual BASIC internal error. This error has been thrown by Windows OS. This means that there is some problem with your VB installation (there might be certain conflict of resources or other). Try using some registry cleaner program to clean your registry errors. If this doesn't help, then you have to reinstall VB. (After uninstalling your VB, make sure you clean your registry for any error and only then reinstall.)

Hope this might help to solve your problem. :)

vikassethi

Broken In
Looks like there is problem in your VB installation. Install VB again and do not forget to apply Visual Studio 6 service pack. Once that is done, there wont be any issue left in your VB6 running.

vikassethi

Broken In
So simple. Search google. Anyway I have searched it for you:
*msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/downloads/updates/sp/vs6/sp6/default.aspx

KAI

Right off the assembly line
I think this is the case of virus. Download antivirus like AVG and scan your computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom