Vista wont end XP avlblty...for now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Windows XP would be available on new PCs following Vista's release for upto 12 months only !

"In the near term, the answer is as much a factor of user demand and OEM and system builder policies. That said, Microsoft will make Windows XP available for from 12 to 24 months after Vista's general availability...

According to Microsoft's Life-Cycle Policy Web site, Windows XP Home, Professional, Tablet PC, Media Center and 64-bit editions will be available in direct OEM and retail licenses for 12 months following the beginning of Windows Vista's general availability, which is scheduled to be Jan. 30, 2007 (now29/1)..."

SOURCE

well ther is piracy in many countries especially in developin countries like india and many pc users wont bother to change their os coz of its price they will wait for an year for evrything to cool down but still xp will be in sale for couple of yrs more

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Inspite of all its Vulnerabilities:mad:,Patches:mad:,Security Updates:mad:
and Service Packs:mad:
I would have a small portion of my body dedicated to Windows XP :D

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hmm... i guess those Core2Duos or those AM2s needs to penetrate the market 1st to allow Vista to get the market share... ;)

rajivrocks

Broken In
well i use a Hp pavillion desktop wth original wondows xp my next upgrade will be- Apple/linux:) not any windows sorry Billu:(

mkmkmk

In the zone
rajivrocks said:
well i use a Hp pavillion desktop wth original wondows xp my next upgrade will be- Apple/linux:) not any windows sorry Billu:(

yeah my vote goes to u......will do same.......

Happy new year to everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom