Vista ultimate BSOD crashing on 4GB ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

piyush1989kap

Broken In
You will not believe that i was getting a bluescreen on both xp and vista for about 8 months.
The problem was with nvidia drivers.Just install the drivers that came with your asus motherboard cd.Mine asus cd contained 93.81 drivers for xp.
Just try to install 90 series for vista and see what happens.
I know its bit old but driver has nothing to do with quality of games.It only controls the games settings.
hers the link
*www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_97.46.html

You will not mind trying this tooo.

I had goven you the link try it......

Last edited:
OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
OK let me try this old driver (from the link you gave)I will get back with the report if it works or not.
I dont game at all so old driver is not an issue as long as it works fine for graphics.

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
piyush1989kap said:
The problem was with nvidia drivers.Just install the drivers that came with your asus motherboard cd.Mine asus cd contained 93.81 drivers for xp.
I just checked my Asus CD it does not have any driver for nvidia card, did u mean the XFX graphic card CD??
I could not find my CD right now so I installed the Version: 97.46 from the link u provided but it still makes vista crash

I googled for the old driver version & it seems its not meant for vista, can you tell me if you have the CD that has a vista driver?

*downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1526
these are only mentioned as XP/2000 drivers.

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
sam9s said:
Ranjan Drivers should always be latest........download drivers from the following link...
I have alreday tried 7 driver version including the latest & all make vista crash & I have found 9 such cases with other people who have posted on various forums.
Here is the link
*forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=55239

another at asus forum
*tinyurl.com/29d2w3

Also use Vista X64, more stable and better memory management than 32 Bit, specially with 4 GB RAM. I installed vista x64 and its working perfect for me from the very first moment I installed it ofcourse with the latest drivers. I think the latest installment is ....ForceWare Release 169.25
I think I will have to try 64 bit this weekend bcoz last 4 months 32bit has not worked at all with 4gb, I am forced to use 2gb only.

You might also try the following updates for vista to keep it perfect....

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74145
I have updated that alreday butnothingtill date has solved this problem.

Offtopic ::: The RAM that you have changed, even if the model/make is same, quite possibally would not work with the old OCing settings. You have to start right from the begining, which is what I did. It would still be your luck if you reach the same milestone or pass it. I had the poor luck. 3.2 was the max I could reach with new 4 GB sticks. (I am still trying though)
I am not using Over clocking, just default setting but still has problem when I switch to 4gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom