Vista Ultimate All Accounts Disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Here I am after doing the stupidest thing possible last night.

In Windows Vista Ultimate UAC, I disabled ALL the accounts and then restarted the system. Don't ask me why I did it. :(

Now I am completely locked out and cannot login to any of the accounts in Vista.

What do I do? I tried looking for a solution here but couldn't find any. If any one can point me in the right way, I will be much obliged.

dreams

Gracias Senor
Login to Safe mode.. u will be prompted to the admin account..from ther enable the other accounts.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
A mod doing this, man, ignorance or sheer stupidity? Did you try logging in using the traditional dialog box using the 'Administrator' credentials?

OP
ctrl_alt_del

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
@Dreams: Okie...I will try out that. Sheesh! Completely forgot about the safe mode! There were three accounts; Administrator (system default), The ANGRY Pixel (my account) and Guest.

I was logged in from "The ANGRY Pixel" account when I disabled all the three accounts. So will I be able to access Administrator account in safe mode?

@Kumarmohit:Owww! Don't be so harsh!! :( I am a human being after all though I have awesome post-editing and banning powers.

I blame the lack of sleep and the shiny new Vista window for that. Let's say, 80% sleep-deprivation, 15% studpidity and 5% ignorance.

Oh heck, 100% stupidity, I would say. :)

Last edited:

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Try safe mode, and if not, pop in your shiny shiny vista disc and do a quick reinstall.

I found this, but dont know how useful it will be to you:
*dotnetwizard.net/vista-stuff/reset-vista-administrator-password-system-admin-purposes-only/

OP
ctrl_alt_del

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Oh well, thank Dheeraj. Popping the disc will have to wait because my DVD drive died on me just after working for two weeks. Will have to get it replaced tomorrow. Guess will have to make do with the XP installation even though the sound drivers on it are being a bit of a headache.

dreams

Gracias Senor
I searched google and suggested you..the vista default Administrator account wil work in safe mode. try n c.

OP
ctrl_alt_del

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Yup, Dreams, it worked like a charm. Posting from my Vista installation.

Thanks a lot, all you guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom