Vista Sales Slow? It's Those Darn Pirates!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
I always thought that Vista's main competitor is XP...Microsoft has taken 5 yrs to make it stable & secure..Now all users like Windows Xp which does all their work without much hassles.Now why wud anyone change over to Vista after taking 5 yrs to adjust to an operating System..Microsoft shud have brought some very very unique features(apart from Aero) in Vista that wud have drove some interest..Maybe the release of Halo2,Crysis & other good games mite help Microsoft with more Vista users..Other than that I dont see y anyone wud be upgrading to Vista

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Indyan said:
There are rumours here that MS is going to launch a campaign again piracy in WB. Reportedly, that has driven up the prices of Windows XP.
Dont know, how true it is though.
They've already done so. They were here in my city digging out the large companies that used pirated copies of Windows.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
^^^^*www.smileyarena.com/emoticons/Packs/XP_Style/evil_smile2.gif
Now who's the pirate *www.unterwasserrugby.org/icon_smile_evil.gif

Last edited:

lalam

In the zone
Would like to have vista but yep its too damn expensive and what were they thinking piling the cost to that height arrey i'm more than happy with xp pro....

planetcall

Indian by heart
Most of the peeps(computer buyers) are plain nerds. Most do not do market research before hand and mostly ask for the latest things. The vendors can easily dupe then to get prospective hardware for Vista and thereby making good money out of the GFX card, Mobo and other peripherals. I have seen such examples at least a few hundred times before.
Vendors would surely push for vista as soon as the credible pirated CDs are out there in market and the demand picks up.

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
The one and only reason I am not shifting to Windows Vista anytime soon is because I use Mcafee antivirus and the 2007 suite, which is vista compatible is crappy to say the least, also I still have 4-5 months of my subscription to the 2006 version left. Maybe after that.

Also, I have never had that "latest and greatest" fad. I used 95 when most of the world was using 98. Some of my favourite apps are 8-9 years old. Why dont I switch? Because I feel no need to. I really find all this hype amusing. When you are using something that satisfies your purposes, why waste money buying new stuff that, in all probability will require a lot of time and energy to to relearn?

Last edited:

runeet

Broken In
see in developing asian countries people will definitly buy pirated copies of vista, coz for vista to be considered licenced it needs to access the net for verification, and as we all know that internet penetration is extremely low here so obviously the os is gonna be pirated on a large scale & quiet frankly no one is going to pay more than Rs 3000 for a software which is totally crippled & may not even be compatible with most of the applications.

T

thunderbird.117

That too paying 5000 to 5 lakhs software is so much for people who is not earning or they earn less. That to this software release new software every 5 years for example microsoft OS.

Why they put activation is another part. They are some people who earns a lot and they do not want to spend money on softwares. Even Small - Scale Industry uses pirated software. That is the reason for anti-piracy protection.

Most of Pirated windows is VLKS which is mainly used in compaines. It is most the emplyoee of the compaines that steals first then come the other people.

runeet

Broken In
see paying a lotta money for a software like office suites is quite understandable, they performs a lotta functions an all but, who is going to pay that same amount of money for a software that arent even sure if its going to run on their system, is going to be resource intensive an all, as for the games part is concerned not a lot of people will buy the games halo 2, crysis an all, they my shift to consoles simpy because the cost that will be incurred to just get the game running wil be high, considering vista upgrade, then hardware upgrade. in the end M$ really need to think out their strategy here, hell even their 360's arent selling that good, nobody is saying so but thats the truth. People are buyng the PAL version systems from Singapore an all where they are practically 10,000 Rs cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom