vista..-media centre problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

go_gamez

In the zone
i installed vista beta 2 a day ago..and then had a amazing experience..with all its features...then i even used media centre(expect the tv function )..all music ..dvd play back on media centre etc..
then after i updated my geforce mx 4000 driver to..the new forceware.8.1...something...from the PC world dvd....even after that vista was working properly,..expect for the MEDIA CENTRE FEATURE...whenever i clck on media centre now theres a -"blue screen ..which says some hardware/software problem ..(a big paragraph )..cant read it cauz its there for only3-4 seconds..
then its starts something called DUMPING PHYSICAL MEMORY..and then the PC restarts.." this happens every time i start media. centre in vista..and after every boot after this dumping.. i get a message in vista that-
WINDOWS HAD A UNEXPECTED SHUT DOWN..THE PROBLEM WAS AS FOLLOWS :

problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BLUESCREEN
OS Version: 6.0.5384.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 16393

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FE0FC288
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 874A0AB8
BCP4: 00000002
OS Version: 6_0_5384
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini071406-02.dmp
C:\Users\faheem\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-60953-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement:
*go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x4009

if any one has similar problemm tell me...how to solve..and is it due to new driver ..??if yes then how do i install which was installed automatically from the vista dvd. ??

why isnt anyone replying ???? nowdays it s taking hours to get a reply..in digit forums..whats the matter ppl ???

Last edited:

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
First thing you are using a BETA version. Then ofcourse it will have problems. Thats for testing purposes only. If you encountered this message then its proabably a bug with that. Just tell the MS abt this.
The other thing is that many of us still dont have Vista installed!

PrinceHeart

In the zone
i got nvidia 6800 ultra 256 and i try to upgrade to ForceWare Release 80 Version 84.21 Release Date March 17, 2006 (WHQL Certified)

IT DIDN'T WORK.
The vista beta release got its own Nvidia 6800 Ultra drivers from Microsoft Corp. which is installed at present.

just go to device manager, uninstall the graphic driver and restart - when ur pc restarts it will take the default microsoft corp. driver for ur graphic.. enjoy

peace

OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
man i already sloved it long back..

just tell me if all the aero /3d features are working in u r vista ???
i have got an old crap xfx ge force mx 4000 ..128 mb.. but nothin of aero /glass /3d works !!!
is it normal that all these features not working ??or atlest the glass feature should work ??

Last edited:

PrinceHeart

In the zone
Right click on desktop > Personaliza > Visual Apprearance

I got 8 color schemes

Aero
Frost
Smoke
Seaform
Heritage
Sky
Heart
Candy

Enable Transparent Glass TICK/UNTICK

I got heritage as the color scheme - though all are working and are cool.

G

gxsaurav

1) The Geforce 4 MX 4000 cannot support the Aero glass UI, u have to use Aero standerd

2) Current NVIDIA drivers support only Geforce FX or above graphics card for Windows Vista properly

the problem i guess, is cos your gfx card cannot handle the compositing of MCE in Vista....u cannot do anything except for giving feedback to MS

tinku dhar

In the zone
gxsaurav said:
1) The Geforce 4 MX 4000 cannot support the Aero glass UI, u have to use Aero standerd

2) Current NVIDIA drivers support only Geforce FX or above graphics card for Windows Vista properly

the problem i guess, is cos your gfx card cannot handle the compositing of MCE in Vista....u cannot do anything except for giving feedback to MS

thts the main prob ... ,

of VISTA ... it needs tooo have higher GRAPHICS CARD ...

regards:)

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Currently using Forceware 88.61 .. working fine . i think its the GPU u have .. make sure u have Aero disabled ...

Also i don't think the current drivers support anything below the FX series ... so u better stick to the generic drivers installed by the OS itself ...

of VISTA ... it needs tooo have higher GRAPHICS CARD ...

Not actually , even a FX5200 should do in this case ... more like a card with dx9 support ... the MX4000 is a dx7 card ...

tinku dhar

In the zone
deathvirus_me said:
Currently using Forceware 88.61 .. working fine . i think its the GPU u have .. make sure u have Aero disabled ...

Also i don't think the current drivers support anything below the FX series ... so u better stick to the generic drivers installed by the OS itself ...

Not actually , even a FX5200 should do in this case ... more like a card with dx9 support ... the MX4000 is a dx7 card ...

well ooopppps ... ,

man does it works in Geforce2 Mx of 64mb ?????????????

coz i got tht ... and regardin drivers man .. i got 91.31 its workin superb ...

regards:)

OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
which will be a good graphics .around..Rs .6 thousand ??which will let me run almost all games.in medium settings and ofcrse support all vista features !!

PrinceHeart

In the zone
I bought NVIDIA 6800 Ultra 256MB in last yr - cost me around 33k from Prime ABGB, Mumbai
Now with that much money I could had got NVIDIA 7 Series .. well prices does goes UPs and DOWNs.
I am happy for now.

Just installed :
Windows Vista x86 Beta 2 ForceWare Release 85 Version 88.61 May 23, 2006

All looking good !!

For latest NVIDIA Drivers for ANY OS: Browse below -

*www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom