Vista is still the most secure OS to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
BlueHat Security Briefings : Vista and Vigilance

"One has to admit that Vista is arguably the most secure closed-source OS available on the market. Microsoft did do a good job at addressing the issues of previous Windows versions. Progress on all fronts has been achieved, and MS is probably better than any other closed-source software vendor when it comes to the the security of their products.

This makes it difficult for attackers. The cost of developing an exploit for Vista is significantly higher than for any previous versions.

As a result, I think that most of the security researchers will move on to greener pastures for a while. Why try to chase a difficult overflow out of Vista when you have Acrobat Reader installed, some Antivirus software with shoddy file parsing, and the latest ITunes ?

I expect only a small number of remotely exploitable vulnerabilities in Vista. We will see everybody else getting hammered though. But, for a while, there will be (relative) quiet and calm in Redmond."

*blogs.technet.com/bluehat/archive/2007/09/28/vista-and-vigilance.aspx

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Its coffee, Its toffee, coffee, toffee.... Aargh! The argument continues! Parry's Coffee Bit.. err.. I mean, Microsoft Windows Vista :D :D

rocket357

Security freak
anandk said:
"One has to admit that Vista is arguably the most secure closed-source OS available on the market."
Indeed. It's sad, but true. Microsoft has done well. That blog was well written, and precise.

Too bad this thread doesn't claim "closed-source"... =D

din

Tribal Boy
Vista is the most secure OS.

Vista is still the most secure OS.

Vista is still the most secure OS to date.

Vista is still the most secure Desktop OS to date.

Vista is arguably the most secure closed-source OS available on the market.

Tail of God Hanuman :D

anandk - Congrats - for making this thread live again ;)

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ LOL! I'm sure the next one is going to be

"Vista is probably/maybe the most secure version of Windows...but we're not sure."

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
i prefer to update threads with news which i find :)
best to ignore threads if they dont interest you ;-)

praka123

left this forum longback
i think he is hired by __$$___ ;) Hope anandk completely shifting to Ubuntu and having ubuntuclub.com-book ur domain asap ;) while Vista is a failure for M$.
It is bugging us hard that u want a flame war by this sort of news from some crappy M$ fanboy's blog.I'll have this user in ignore list rather than the forum.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well imho, anandk is one of the more respectable and senior MVPs here :) so far i hafnt found him indulging in any flame wars. he's just posted the news and also given the source. he's not arguing/claiming anything (thats for us to do! :D )

praka123

left this forum longback
well senior or junior-his (some)posts makes blood boil!I think triggering flame wars is the correct word.

shantanu

Technomancer
you guys are talking non-sense here.. no sense in talking this much.. and @praka : all the time it looks that you are just fried while posting anything.. atleast care for who is a senior member...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom