Vista hanging in Bootup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushman9

Journeyman
I have installed Windows vista ultimate 32 bit ,which is the primary and only operating system . My problem is that many a times when booting the computer hangs on the loading screen ,ie where the loading meter starts .The meter seems to stuck in onle place ,and after about 10 minutes it starts CRAWLING ,not moving and these seems to go for eternity .When i manually restart ,naturally it shows that your last session had not shutdown properly .

I even tried logging by other modes ,like safe mode ,directory debugging ,unsigned drivers ignore etc but none of them start after the screen .
My only luck is that i switch of the ups ,and again start after 10 minutes ,and lo-behold windows loads though with a delay . I know that repetative manual restarting can damage the cmos .What should i do ?

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
remove the keyboard and boot.if u get a "Keyboard not found" error connect it,press F1 and remove it immediately.then see if windows boots or not
Some Asus boards are known to have this trouble

OP
ayushman9

ayushman9

Journeyman
i am not saying vista is no booting ,only that it hangs frequently .Any way i have noticed that this problem often comes when i have left the pc to AUTO SHUTDOWN using external software . Is that having some relation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom