vista error code 0x80070241

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzu x2

Right off the assembly line
while installing vista ultimate i got this errror code 0x80070241,at 48% during copying of files...please help

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
yes..I know the cause of problem.

First let me ask some thing........
1)have U download the setup from any site??
2)r u using a cracked setup??

The problem is due to missing file...............or in case U have download it from anysite as a image,than try to burn the image at very low speed.

1)DON'T burn this to DVD yet as it contains a minor error and installation will probably FAIL.

2)Open up a hex editor such as WinHex (google it)and go to offset 0x4E932855.

3)Make this change here: byte 0xFD should be 0xFF. Save the file.

4) Your ISO is now ready for mounting/burning. The installation would work even when not installed from a DVD.

-Cheers-

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
NICE stufff... BUT illegal....

BUY VISTA .. why using a cracked copy... and you are also telling to make a cracked copy ok... THATS BAD..

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
shantanu_webmaster said:
NICE stufff... BUT illegal....

BUY VISTA .. why using a cracked copy... and you are also telling to make a cracked copy ok... THATS BAD..

hey friend this is not illegal...if u have image file than U can edit that.

OP
muzu x2

muzu x2

ravi_9793 said:
yes..I know the cause of problem.

First let me ask some thing........
1)have U download the setup from any site??
2)r u using a cracked setup??

The problem is due to missing file...............or in case U have download it from anysite as a image,than try to burn the image at very low speed.

1)DON'T burn this to DVD yet as it contains a minor error and installation will probably FAIL.

2)Open up a hex editor such as WinHex (google it)and go to offset 0x4E932855.

3)Make this change here: byte 0xFD should be 0xFF. Save the file.

4) Your ISO is now ready for mounting/burning. The installation would work even when not installed from a DVD.

-Cheers-
Thanks ravi...i will try this this today...but could i modify iso by using Resource hacker...

shantanu

Technomancer
If you Have Imga file from MSDN ot Technet .. then only... NOT a cRACKED VERSION... buddy... and its a copyrighted material... ok... me Myself has MSDN subscription .. sand i know the rules very much....

OP
muzu x2

muzu x2

there ravi
I open the ISO file in win hex editor,& i went
to the same offset as u told...0x4E932855.BUT i could not
find "FD" at this position,instead there is byte "40"....
what i can do now...is there any other way to install
vista...
I downloaded 26 rar files of vista ultimate 6.0.6000.16386 (vista_rtm.061101-2205)
& extract the iso using power iso 3.2....it works fine on my
friends PC but i got error at 48% of copying during installation..help:mad:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
hey...can u try installing with ur friend DVD.But be sure to use ur own key(i dont recommend piracy).And by the way ,wht version of vista U have downloaded(rc1,rc2,rtm or final)

OP
muzu x2

muzu x2

i have not burned DVD yet, I have extracted ISO from rar files..well, i'm not using RC1 OR RC2 but RTM version...of vista ultimate 6.0.6000.16386 (vista_rtm.061101-2205)....any solution about the error...

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
hey..I am at my home(delhi)..and I use dial-up to use connect to internet.I will be bak in 2 days ..than I will find something for U.Sorry dude..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom