Vista Business -- SP1 or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Has anyone installed Service Pack 1 on Vista Business? Any problems? Any improvements in performance?

I have a licensed Vista business with RAID1 set up as file and net connection server. I have to re-install RAID card drivers after almost every major upgrade. Vista can't find RAID card, it can't find windows files and fails to start :rolleyes: I was thinking of downgrading it to XP Professional, but it's going on ok since last few days.

I can't afford even a day's downtime these days. But SP1 must be having some security fixes. So I want to go for it.

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
I upgraded my Vista Business to SP1 on my Vostro laptop... Updated through Windows Update.

No problems...

And yes there is an improvement in the performance and the responsiveness of Vista.

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
Thanks guys.

My vendor is going to install it in his machine first and then tell me :p

He doesn't want to send guys in emergency situations.

I read a few online opinions on Vista SP1. There are mixed reviews. Almost all say there is a little improvement in performance, but nothing significant. So it must be mostly bug fixes.

What's the performance index of your Vista system? Mine is 3.7. It was 1 due to display drivers. But after installing Vista drivers for the display, index jumped to 3.7 :)

andrewlsz

Right off the assembly line
SP1 use up too many space,so go for window update and tick what you want to install and necessary for your PC,it is the same as SP1,if you install SP1 then you will install many items unnecessary for your PC including many Supported languages .
Source=*www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b0c7136d-5ebb-413b-89c9-cb3d06d12674&displaylang=en
you will find this on their web page=DO NOT CLICK DOWNLOAD IF YOU ARE UPDATING JUST ONE COMPUTER: A smaller, more appropriate download is available on Windows Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom