Viruses-like Problem?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hluachawngthu

Broken In
Whenever I start my PC, my Avira Antivir Personal-Free Antivirus has detected the following files at Windows/System32 as Trojans :
1. postgres.exe
2. posmaster.exe
3. postmaster.VIR
I quarantine them all. But when I restart the System the error message saying the windows missing a file - postgres.exe appeared. Are these viruses? If so, how can I fix the problem? Pliz advice!

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Do you have any databases installed on your PC, like Oracle or something. They are infected. So the thing is, these are background processes which are related to them. So every time your PC these processes naturally get loaded at start-up. Hence the warning!

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Whenever I start my PC, my Avira Antivir Personal-Free Antivirus has detected the following files at Windows/System32 as Trojans :
1. postgres.exe
2. posmaster.exe
3. postmaster.VIR
I quarantine them all. But when I restart the System the error message saying the windows missing a file - postgres.exe appeared. Are these viruses? If so, how can I fix the problem? Pliz advice!

You can try some malware removers such as MalwareBytes Antimalware or Trojan Remover to remover to remove them. Atleast give malwarebytes a try!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom