Status
Not open for further replies.

paragkalra

The Linux Man !
Hi Guys & Gals,
I am using Windows Vista from past 45 days with out an ANTIVIRUS. So far it was so good. But just yesterday it came to my notice that executable files (each of 42 KB) are getting created on their own inside all the folders and of same name as of the folder. Its surely an virus. This virus also troubled me when I was using Windows XP....Please answer my following questions.....

1.] What's the name of this Virus?
2.] Which is the best and light antivirus that can get rid of this virus..The virus should not make my system slow...
3.] What if I format my machine (only C drive) then would the executables present inside the folders of other drives still act as virus and continue regenerate the executables?
4.] What is easiest method to remove the already existing executables previously created by the virus?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
4.] What is easiest method to remove the already existing executables previously created by the virus?

Go to *www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner and run a online scan !!!

2.] Which is the best and light antivirus that can get rid of this virus..The virus should not make my system slow...

Kaspersky and NOD32 both are very good, one would say the Best right now !!! and both priced in around Rs. 1500 /-

3.] What if I format my machine (only C drive) then would the executables present inside the folders of other drives still act as virus and continue regenerate the executables?

Depends, as untill the point when windows access those files, they will act as Hibernated !!! once windows access it, they will start their work again !!!!

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Most probably they are WORMS !! (& not virus)

Every time they made a icon like a folder but when u see properties they are executables. Each of 42KB.

boosters

In the zone
no online virus scanner will remove the viruses from your computer, Only Online Kaspersky will remove the virus.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
sorry@booster. here is a note from kasperky website
NOTE: The online virus scanner will not remove the malware from your machine if it finds it - installing our software is required to do this. You can try our antivirus software (full product) for FREE by downloading and installing a free trial, or you can purchase our products in the estore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom