VIRUS!!!! please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shasanka_Gogoi

In the zone
pple m totally stuck... m usin n HP Pavillion dv6314 tx runnin on windows xp professionl.. its jst 2dy dat ma laptop hs been infctd by sum virus 4m a pendrive nd nw m facn all sorts of prblms.. i use AVG Free Edition 7.5 wch is updatd regulrly (i updated it ystrdy) .. nd nw ma task manager wont open (i get a msg dat task managr hs been disabled by admin), ma laptop is a hell lot slow, i cnt use folder lock 2 open ma lockd folders n files, nd i cnt use c cleanr, m even havn prblms viewn ma hidden files n folders.. i dunno wat 2 do.. i wntd 2 reinstall xp bt ma cd rom isnt wrkn so it wont read d disc.. m totally stuck

PLZ HLP!!!!

mrintech

Technomancer
Go scan with:

* *www.superantispyware.com/download.html
* *www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

Also use Avira as it is far better than AVG: *www.free-av.com/en/download/index.html

Don't forget to update the above softwares with latest definitions and also go for full system scan with each of the above ;)

alan11uk

Right off the assembly line
im had 1 like it a few weeks ago and it got on both hard drives i no ya cd drive dont work but the only way is format m8 i made a big mis stake by only formattin my first hard drive but wen itwas all done the virus was on my 2nd 1 m8 if u are gonna formatt give it a full format not a quick 1 cause the virus will still be there m8 let me no if u have any probs ok

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
dload HiJack This....boot u r pc in safe mode...run hijack this....remove all the components in it....restart the pc again in safe mode....and ask Vishal Gupta for removal of u r message task manager has been dis.....

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
To re-enable the Task manager, do this:-
Step 1:In the Start>Run box, type gpedit.msc and press enter. This will open the Group Policy editor.
Step 2:Navigate to User Configuration>Administrative Templates>System>Ctrl+Alt+Del options using the left side pane.
Step 3: Double click on "Remove task manager" entry in the main area.
Step 4:Click on the "enabled" radio button and apply the changes.
Step 5:Reboot!

If this doesn't work or if Group Policy Editor is not present, Enter this in the run box(Start>Run):-
Code:
REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
This ought to do it!

Also, if you plan on running HijackThis, as suggested by Varad Dilip Choudhary, NEVER remove all that it shows! Save the log file and post it here for analysis.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
1. Restart ur computer and boot into Safe Mode
2. Delete AVG and other programs that seem unknown
3. Restart and boot once again into safe mode with networking
4. Download Avast or AVG 8 and run full scan
5. Disinfect everything it finds
6.Go here and run virus scan.
7. Remove manually what the scanner finds and restart again, this time into normal mode.
8. Delete CCleaner and download the latest version
9. Go to Microsoft Update here and install ALL updates

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
nd nw ma task manager wont open (i get a msg dat task managr hs been disabled by admin)

To enable Task Manager:

1. Run > gpedit.msc (Press enter). Group policy editor will appear.
2. User configuration > Administrative Templates > System > "Ctrl+Alt+Del Options"
3. Double click on "Remove Task Manager".
4. Disable this option (Yes, disable. If you enable this option Task Manager will be disabled)

ma laptop is a hell lot slow

you can do the following
1.cleanup all unwanted files
2.Do defragment
remove not frequently used programs from start up. go to Run, type msconfig and click start up
If not help give a screenshot of your Taskmanager Process Tab(All processess).

i cnt use folder lock 2 open ma lockd folders n files
See Here for faqs:
*www.newsoftwares.net/folderlock/faq.html

i cnt use c cleanr
see Here:
*www.ccleaner.com/help/faq

In The last install a good antivirus and antispyware, such as Avast(download latest avat and definitions from here) and adaware.
Dont miss to register avast home and and Keep it always update:
After installing avast and registeration, do this:
1. Right click on second icon and merge it.
2. Right click on main icon> Program setting> update connection>Check any of your suitable option. and close.
Now your avast will update automatically always.

always use avast free edition it is best. they have the updation two times a day.
unload ur antivirus and download avast new edition and install it and update its vps one time and schedule a boot time scan and restart ur pc.

also click on the given link it is the free online virus checking by norton antivirus 2009.
*security.symantec.com/sscv6/WelcomePage.asp

OP
Shasanka_Gogoi

Shasanka_Gogoi

In the zone
Thank u all 4 ur valuable inputs.... ma laptop ws cmpletly screwd... it jst wont open,,, nly d wallpapr gets displyd wthout d start bar wch i cudnt enable because task managr ws nt opnn... evn bootin int2 safe mode ws nt possible.. i got a blue screen sayn dat ma system is infctd... finally hd to bck up all d data n 4mat d entire hdd coz formattn jst d windows drive wont help.. i hd to do dis a couple of tyms coz d virus hd infctd all ma software setup files nd no antivirus ud detect it.. finally i got avast 4m a cd nd usin it i ws able to detect d infctd software setup files nd thus deletd all of dem nd formattd d drive agn,,, nw its runni fine.,,,,

4m dis experince i ud really say dat avast is better dan AVG,,,

bt newys,, thnk u all guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom