Virus Or Some Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjasthebest

Broken In
PLEASE help,
my computer restarts again and again,i have the latest kaspersky antivirus,
zonealarm pro firewall and a spywarebuster......scanned the whole computer
bout 5 times but could not detect anything....
i don't know whether its a hardware problem or what,
i have reinstalled my windows twice

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Wrong section..

You are using windows XP? It most probably looks like a hardware problem (overheating maybe).

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Seems some hardware problem! DO this:

1.) Open sysdm.cpl and goto Advanced tab and click on Settings button in Startup & Recovery section.
2.) Now uncheck the option Automatically Restart.

Now it'll not restart windows but it'll show BSOD (Blue Screen of Death), so u can read the error message and then post the message here ;)

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
when exactly does it restart? When you try to access a drive, burn a cd or when?

OP
R

rjasthebest

Broken In
well it does not have a specific time...
first when switch on my ups after a night and then start windows it shows a the xp loading but as soon as it loads and the welcome screen is bout to come it restarts,not once but sometimes bout 10 times......
if by chance my pc starts then it can restart anytime .....
plese guys solve this problem i m fed up of this.......
please

OP
R

rjasthebest

Broken In
ya vishal's soln solved a bit of my problem.thanx to him.....
the error msg was
A problem has been detected and window has been shut down to prevent damage to ur comp.
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
then it says that check whether any new hardware has caused this.
THEN IT SAYS
TECHNICAL INFO:
***STOP:0x0000000D,(0x00000060,0x00000002,0x00000000,0xF8F8E89)
***glauiad.sys-AddressF8F8E89,base at F8F8C000,Date stamp 40e5c3a4

well i googled the name glauiad.sys and found out that this is driver for my bsnl modem model UT-300R2U which i had bought last month and this problem is since then only......
i am 80%sure that the problem is with this driver
but i m unable to update the driver
so now what to do,,reply plese

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
you will need to register at driverguide.com and download the driver. But you can try reinstalling first.

For that goto device manager,
right click on my computer> properties, hardware tab, device manager. Under the modems section, remove or uninstall the modem. Then rescan all devices, windows will reinstall the driver. Check and see if this works first.

OP
R

rjasthebest

Broken In
any one plese helppp!!!!!!!!

after searching on the net i found out that my driver for the bsnl modem was the culprit and so i installed a lan card but the problem of restarting is still there............
please can anybody in this world help me????????

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Just out of Curiosity, is your Kaspersky AV a Original legit version, or did you download any Cracked or full version from the NET *smilies.sofrayt.com/fdm/computer2.gif. :D

Coz there was a news about a very Complicated Trojan in Kaspersky AV's Disguise *smilies.sofrayt.com/1/950/attention.gif, which would disable other trojan & take the centre stage :D

Last edited:

anandk

Distinguished Member
rjasthebest said:
the error msg was
A problem has been detected and window has been shut down to prevent damage to ur comp.
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...
i am 80%sure that the problem is with this driver
but i m unable to update the driver
so now what to do,,reply plese

check The "Blue Screen Of Death" or Are Your Drivers Up-to-date for a possible soln.

OP
R

rjasthebest

Broken In
hellloooo,,,,,
m back with this thread............well i want u to tell u all is that............i couldn't find a soln to this problem last year in winters...........but I wanna tell u that this restarting problem vanished in summers here in chandigarh..........but poor me coz of the rain its somewhat cooler here nd this damn problem has arrived again.......i hear the same creaking sound nd my pc restarts without any prior notice.........
PLS HELP ME........
HOPE TO FIND A SOLN THIS TIME AROUND...............

sashijoseph

In the zone
coz of the rain its somewhat cooler here nd this damn problem has arrived again
Hey you may want to disconnect your cpu fan .... lol :D
Anyways,more seriously,remove the utstar modem and it's drivers and see if the problem persists.If yes try reseating the ram and if there's more than one stick,remove one and see.The smps too may be the culprit.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
If yous are using Win XP and the Lan connection why should you bother about the driver? Uninstall it, remove any traces using CC Cleaner and configure the connection from New Connection Wizard of the control Panel.

Or do system restore just prior to the time of installation of the modem driver and configure BB connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom