Virus not gone....even after fresh Vista Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^
Did you have a look at the link I gave? (post #12)

Otherwise
It looks like you have no other option.
Write as many DVDs of data as you can or take your HDD to your friends house and backup data on his PC. (Make sure atleast your Data containing partitions are clean otherwise you'll end up spreading the infection)
Then, format the entire HDD, repartition it and then install vista

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Cannot find gpedit.msc

No Group Policy editor eh? No trouble at all!

Here, do this:-
Step 1>In the Orb's search box, type in run and click on the "run" that appears in the results.

Step 2>Type the following code(you'd better Ctrl.C-Ctrl V it!) into the run box:-
Code:
REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
Congrats! You've enabled the Task manager!(To hell with them gpedit.mscs!:mrgreen:)

Step 3>For the registry editor, it is a misfortune that gpedit.msc is not there. Never fear, my friend for there's always VBscript! Download the registry unlocker from the link given below this step and run it. It is a 100%virus free file, don't worry. It was made by a Microsoft MVP called Doug Knox(Attaboy sir!).
Link to the VBscript code to unlock the registry:-
*www.dougknox.com/security/scripts_desc/regtools.htm
PS.You might need to reboot after running this in order to allow the changes to become effective.

There ya go! Every stinking thing unlocked! Try them Antiviruses and clean the PC. Intall Spybot S&D to prevent further virus-was-hereTM Registry edits.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Ishan

In the zone
boot in safe mode
check msconfig entries in google(are the threats or not.. if they are then uncheck them)

check all the drives and windows and system folders for all the .exe, .vbs, .bat and others and check them on google....If doubt them as threat...take thir backup in a folder and delete them....

Now onwards start finding viruses urself..... dont rely on antiviruses fully

dont be lazy...check for all the files ... Best Of Luck!

OP
muse.adulator

muse.adulator

Broken In
PROBLEM SOLVED.

I just re-reinstalled my OS after having all the scans and It's fine. I will never turn off UAC ever again!!! Thank you all you guys for help.Really Really appreciate it.

snehit

Broken In
For future reference, Never ever format the full hard drive cuz no virus or not any other threats required formatting. It is complete waste of time.

Try such things before taking immediate action.

> Turn off system restore point before start the scan.
> Select "Show hidden files and folders". Uncheck "Hide extentions for known file types" & "Hide protected O... S... files". [Some extentions windows will not show and usually malwares take the advantage of this mistake and hide itself. You feel this is jpeg file but if that is with certain extention like .lnk, .pif and .shs then you are going to be f u cked off]
> Use some well known anti spyware like SUPERantispyware, Malwarebytes Antimalwares and spybot search and destroy. [I have installed all three of them along with my antivirus Quick Heal. And they are not resource hunger 'cuz not giving real-time protection, So not to worry about it, Dude!!!]

> Go for majorgeeks forum. They are experts in removing malwares. But go first for it's "Read me first" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom