Status
Not open for further replies.

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
Guys today my system is infected by a virus name "PE_RESOURCER.A"
I scan my system with Trend Micro's SysScan and it detect five file as infected. Now How can I clean these file.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxtray.exe [PE_RESOURCER.A]
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\hkcmd.exe [PE_RESOURCER.A]
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashDisp.exe [PE_RESOURCER.A]
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe [PE_RESOURCER.A]
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe [PE_RESOURCER.A]
47466 files have been read.
47466 files have been checked.
43173 files have been scanned.
74497 files have been scanned. (including files in archived)
5 files containing viruses.
Found 5 viruses totally.
Maybe 0 viruses totally.

swatkat

Technomancer
Hi,
According to TrendMicro, PE_RESOURCER.A is a file infector virus. That is, it infects legitimate files too. In your case, all those detected files belong to legitimate applications, but are infected by virus.

You can boot into Safe Mode, and delete those files. How to boot into Safe Mode:
*www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm

But, for proper functioning of those software, you need to re-install them.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxtray.exe [PE_RESOURCER.A]
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\hkcmd.exe [PE_RESOURCER.A]
hkcmd.exe and igfxtray.exe are related to Intel Graphics configuration and hotkey application. Most probably, you will find this in motherboard CD along with the Graphics driver.
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashDisp.exe [PE_RESOURCER.A]
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe [PE_RESOURCER.A]
These two are related to Avast AV and Java Runtime. To re-install, you can get them here:
*www.avast.com/
*www.java.com/getjava/
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe [PE_RESOURCER.A]
This is related to some HP hardware like printer/scanner etc. Probably, this application will be present in the CD that is provided with the hardware.

OP
skghosh44

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
Thanks swatkat vbmenu_register("postmenu_586695", true);

Today I have deleted these files. My default antivirus is Avast, it is unable to detect the virus, instead it itself infected by the virus.
Can anybody tell me what is the function of the virus. [PE_RESOURCER.A]
What malfunction is it caused.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
not a good idea to have more then one AV prog running, the two will conflict with each other, and more then likely will let more threats through then you would want. try a better scanner, lots of people here like the NOD or Kaspery AV's.

swatkat

Technomancer
Hi skghosh44,
As I said earlier, it infects/corrupts legitimate files. That's why Intel Graphics, Avast, HP Software etc are detected as virus by TrendMicro. You need to re-install those software.
You can get some info about virus here:
*www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=PE_RESOURCER.A-O&VSect=P

OP
skghosh44

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
Liggy said:
not a good idea to have more then one AV prog running, the two will conflict with each other, and more then likely will let more threats through then you would want. try a better scanner, lots of people here like the NOD or Kaspery AV's.
I have not installed two AV in my sysgtem. Only Avast is installed. Trend Micro SysClean is an extra utility to scan computer for viruses. weekly I scan my system with sysclean by disabling the avast AV. On that periodical chek up the virus was detected. Which I learned from this forum.

swatkat said:
Hi skghosh44,
As I said earlier, it infects/corrupts legitimate files. That's why Intel Graphics, Avast, HP Software etc are detected as virus by TrendMicro. You need to re-install those software.
You can get some info about virus here:
*www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=PE%5FRESOURCER%2EA%2DO&VSect=P

Thanks for the information.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom