Virus downloaded automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
I'm on dataone now for two days and I am facing a problem even tho i dont do anything i can see traffic and something gets dl always so i update windows to sp2 now nothing much shows up but still im afraid. kaspersky detects it as some backdoor trojan i dont remember the name but what can i do to stop this

digen

Youngling
Dude what exactly do you mean you see traffic & something gets downloaded?
How are you watching onbound & outbound traffic?
Do you have a firewall?If so which?
Also if you're still paraoid about it then post the output of "netstat -ano" from the prompt.
Perhaps you can help us more if you could tell us what exactly is getting downloading & where its residing i.e location?
Tip:Though this may be a bit offtopic,if you've spybot enable "tea timer" function from the advanced menu.It resides on the system tray & alerts you whenever some major changes take place when a software is installed such as changes in the registry etc.

shyam911

Journeyman
You gotta be a bit more specific. Moreover since u are on DSL now its better if u have adequate protection with the help of firewalls (xonealarm) and spyware/adware removal tools such as microsoft antispyware or webroot's spyware etc. And if u are still paranoid about something being uploaded and downloaded then use Bandwidth Monitor Pro it'll be easier for u to monitor internet activity

swatkat

Technomancer
djmykey said:
I'm on dataone now for two days and I am facing a problem even tho i dont do anything i can see traffic and something gets dl always so i update windows to sp2 now nothing much shows up but still im afraid. kaspersky detects it as some backdoor trojan i dont remember the name but what can i do to stop this

yea..trojans are downloaded by some Trojan Installers or Droppers or spywares.

First disable Windows Firewall and install ZoneAlarm FREE Firewall.
*www.zonelabs.com/store/content/com...ily/trial_zaFamily.jsp?lid=home_freedownloads

After this get these tools and install them:-
1] Webroot SpySweeper Trial.
*www.webroot.com/downloads/?WRSID=0a0388a1172493e03be9934ff33dfea8

2] a2 Free
*www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

3] AdAware
*www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

4] SpyBot SnD
*security.kolla.de/

5] CleanUp!
*cleanup.stevengould.org/

Do a Full System scan using the above tools.

Also, post a HijackThis log file for making sure that no baddies are there in the system.
*www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html

hafees

In the zone
down load the winpatrol software. It will alert u all the time when some thing is added to startup, internet explorere plugins etc. And it will show u the company info and their signature etc so that u can decide whether to keep the change or not.

*www.winpatrol.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom