Virtual pc installation problem.

Amey408

Broken In
Hey guy's I try to install windows 8 consumer preview on a virtual PC I use VMvare for it the setup start normally & its actually 10% complete but the power failures crash the installation now I am facing one problem here, I retry to install windows 8 on virtual PC but it gave me the error "your pc need to repair". I then uninstall my software format the partition reinstall the software but every time it give me same error:cry::cry::cry:.

So plz help me to solve this problem.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hey guy's I try to install windows 8 consumer preview on a virtual PC I use VMvare for it the setup start normally & its actually 10% complete but the power failures crash the installation now I am facing one problem here, I retry to install windows 8 on virtual PC but it gave me the error "your pc need to repair". I then uninstall my software format the partition reinstall the software but every time it give me same error:cry::cry::cry:.

So plz help me to solve this problem.

Your post is confusing. Are you sure you tried to install the Win 8 CP on a "virtual disk" through "virtual PC" and not on "Actual HDD"?? :|

OP
A

Amey408

Broken In
Your post is confusing. Are you sure you tried to install the Win 8 CP on a "virtual disk" through "virtual PC" and not on "Actual HDD"?? :|

Sorry man actually I am trying this first time (creating virtual machine). I create 2 partitions of my 80GB hdd (40+40) & I use one of the partition for my virtual machine.

Today I try virtual box software also but the result is same I don’t know what is the problem.

also I try to attach the screen-shot of the error but every time it’s failed to upload, if there is any other way to attach the file then plz let me know.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Sorry man actually I am trying this first time (creating virtual machine). I create 2 partitions of my 80GB hdd (40+40) & I use one of the partition for my virtual machine.

Today I try virtual box software also but the result is same I don’t know what is the problem.

also I try to attach the screen-shot of the error but every time it’s failed to upload, if there is any other way to attach the file then plz let me know.

You didn't needed to create partitions of your real HDD in order to use Virtual PC. In Virtual PC, you need to create a Virtual HDD and which is practically a file that grows dynamically as you use your virtual disk. So in the Virtual OS the virtual disk may seem to be of 40 GB, but in reality it could be just 10 GB.

Anyway, I recommend you to read the help file for Virtual PC, if you haven't done it before.

And to post images here:
1. Upload the image at imgur.com
2. Paste the link of the image in IMG tag...

kisame

King of Heroes
No need to partition your harddrive.
just follow the link
Virtually Windows 8: How to set up the Consumer Preview in VirtualBox | ZDNet

If you get more errors,post.

Off Topic:If are considering to make your career in computer related field,I would suggest to experiment more with your computer.If you get stuck,google is your friend.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
The error message clearly states what's the problem. You are trying to load 64bit version of Win 8, and you don't have 64bit processor.

Solution : Download 32bit version of Win 8 and try to install. I'm sure everything will be fine.

You should have told us the whole message instead of "your pc need to repair". Anyway, as the problem is sorted out, hope you understand what was going wrong.

OP
A

Amey408

Broken In
The error message clearly states what's the problem. You are trying to load 64bit version of Win 8, and you don't have 64bit processor.

Solution : Download 32bit version of Win 8 and try to install. I'm sure everything will be fine.

You should have told us the whole message instead of "your pc need to repair". Anyway, as the problem is sorted out, hope you understand what was going wrong.

Ohh I m sorry man about that, but I have one small question here which I mention earlier in my post that when the first time I start the installation it will start properly & actually it completed 10% but because of power failure the installation crash why was that? It should give me that error at the start naa?? (plz don’t anger on me as I say I try this first time)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Don't bother doing the diagnosis of what "could" have been, rather just download 32 bit OS. And it shall work fine.

And no.. he's not being "anger" at you, just trying to say you that a person needs to be clear with his/her message!

Good luck again. Call us in case of any further doubt. :)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
That's right. I'm not angry with you..!!

We are always here to help. I just meant, if you would have wrote the whole error message in your first post, we could have told you about the problem in the first place.

Anyway as said by Vyom, don't bother about that 10%, at a point it'd surely have show you the same message. So it's just happened when it tried to restore everything after power failure.

Though I wonder, how did the installation process even started with wrong info. Anyway, don't waste time on these things, better download 32bit version.

kisame

King of Heroes
Post your PC config here(especially processor).Then we might be able to tell if you can run 64-bit OS in virtual machine.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
I got a 64 bit processor error too some time back. But it was only because my OS was 32 bit and vmware could not install a 64 bit virtual os(guest) on a 32 bit host. My cpu does support 64 bit though.

Its best if you post your system configuration here.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^Well yes, that could also be the case.

VM's doesn't support installing a 64bit guest OS on a 32bit host OS even if the processor is 64bit.

kisame

King of Heroes
^^Well yes, that could also be the case.

VM's doesn't support installing a 64bit guest OS on a 32bit host OS even if the processor is 64bit.

No thats not true.64-bit guest is possible on 32-bit host iff your cpu is 64-bit and it supports hardware virtualisation(amd-v/intel-vt).

@amey408 check if your processor supports above mentioned features.

OP
A

Amey408

Broken In
Hi guys my pc config. Is as below & I think it definitely 64bit processor.

Motherboard: - Intel DG965wh
Processor: - Intel core 2 duo e6400 2.13 GHz
Ram: - 1.5GB

2morrow I will try the 32bit version of windows 8 & I get back to u guys with the result.

kisame

King of Heroes
Intel® Core?2 Duo Processor E6400 (2M Cache, 2.13 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB)

According to this your processor supports intel vt-x.
Implies you can run 64-bit vm.
You should have intel vt-x turned on though.

One more thing.If you want to test win 8,you can install it on vhd and boot from it.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/tutorials/150637-native-vhd-boot-windows-7-a.html

You get full hardware acceleration without messing with your partitions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom