Viewsonic LCD Warranty Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
My Viewsonic LCD monitor VX922 bought about seven months back is having a serious display problem. Its brightness suddenly decreased to the minimum. The monitor's menu for adjusting brightness is always there on the screen and on pressing the button to increase the brightness, the brightness suddenly goes to the maximum and then comes back to minimum. The tragic part is that I can't even exit this menu. I am sure that there is no hw or sw problem with the PC.

When I contacted the dealer, (who is distant btw) he advised me to call the Viewsonic toll free number 1800-11-9999 and give them the Sl No., model no., my adress and mobile no. and to ask for and get the RMA no. and that their representative will approach me within 24 hours. For the past few days I have been trying to call the number and every time I receive the message that " the number you dialled is temporarily out of service."
Finally I e-mailed a complaint to Viewsonic -India with all the details and not receiving even a reply sent another mail two days back. Still there is no response.

Performance of the monitor was very good till the problem started. (other than the problem of ants entering inside the screen which I had posted and was discussed in this forum) Now I feel that I should never have bought a Viewsonic.
Pl suggest what can be done in such a situation.

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
a friend of mine had faced a similar problem with viewsonic LCD monitor.
he has also emailed, but still on response. its about a 10 days since he mailed. :(

praka123

left this forum longback
@janitha:is it brought from kerala?
And whatever it is the duty of the dealer to get ur warranty replacement/repair done.why shud someone asks to contact directly?if somehow no other option there:
then try contacting the distributor(rashi?) with orignal warranty details.if that too fails try contacting viewsonic HO directly.
ViewSonic Technologies (India) Pvt Ltd.
M — 28, Illrd Floor, M Block Market
GK II, New Delhi 110048
Tel: +91-11-40536556, 40562220
Fax: +91-11-40536557

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
praka123 said:
And whatever it is the duty of the dealer to get ur warranty replacement/repair done.why shud someone asks to contact directly?if somehow no other option there:
then try contacting the distributor(rashi?) with orignal warranty details.if that too fails try contacting viewsonic HO directly.
GK II, New Delhi 110048

The dealer is at Trivandrum and he told me to contact the distributor (Priya International) over phone. But when contacted over phone, he told me that they are no longer the ditributors of Viewsonic (that now there are two new distributors) and asked me to complain through the toll free number.
There is no warranty card supplied but the monitor has 3 year warranty. The warranty card is not required as per the conditions in the Viewsonic website also. I got proper bill in duplicate.
I think I will send the complaint to the address you provided with the required details and photocopy of the bill by regd. post so that there will be scope for filing a case in the consumer court.
Or else I will return the monitor to the dealer.

Last edited:

proton

fight evil
Janitha,write a polite letter explaining the problems you face in your monitor and how you have not been successful in obtaining the warranty services to both the Dealer and the indian arm of Viewsonics.In the final paragraph tell them that if the warranty terms are not carried out expeditiously you would pull both the dealer and Viewsonic before the Cosumer Disputes Redressal forum citing deficiency of service.mail it by registered post acknowledgement due.
As regards your rights as a consumer,please see my post under the thread Is www.itdepot.com reliable? in this very same QnA. Good luck

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Never got any response to the mails I sent to them but finally I could contact them through the toll free number today evening. Somebody there collected all the details and asked me to wait for him to generate the RMA number and after a few minutes he came back, said "thank you sir" and cut off the phone. Again I called and was given the number and was told that their technician will come to my residence tomorrow itself and resolve the problem.

God alone knows what is going to happen, but let me wait for another day and I shall post the result.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
the thing is try posting a vackil notice to the concerned dealer-whatever reason they put those are not ur problem-do u have?.that is the best way i think.a good advocate can send a notice to concerned parties in a threatening tune which will possibly give better results than going directly to consumer court

gcbeldar

In the zone
praka123 said:
GK II, New Delhi 110048
not rashi it is roop or redington

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
gcbeldar said:
not rashi it is roop or redington

My dealer got it through Rashi but they are no longer distributors for the brand.
And my dealer has not backed out. I didn't take it to him due to the distance and am going to wait 2 to 3 days to see whether Viewsonic will provide support as they promised over phone.

Previously when I had problem with my LG Flatron, when I informed the local dealer, (i had bought the monitor from Cochin) the company technician reached my premises on the third day and promptly repaired it.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
@janitha, Since you have already obtained the RMA from Viewsonic technical support/service,you may immediately write to them quoting the RMA requesting them to expeditiously resolve your complaint.
In case your complaint is not resolved in the next ten or fifteen days, you may send them another reminder.Send all your mails by Registered post Acknowledgement Due.Send a copy of all your mail to the dealer also requesting him to pursue the matter from his end.
Any recourse to legal remedies will arise only after you have exhausted all other possible means.So keep all the copies of your communications as well as the receipts issued by the post office to the registered letters sent by you.It does not matter if you do not receive the acknowledgement as usually happens as long as you have proof of posting.
In any case never ever go to to a lawyer for this. They will only extract the juice out of you.
Hope your problem gets resolved soon without any need for taking coercive action but be prepared to fight in case it becomes necessary.
Good luck.

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Thanks for the suggestions.
In the consumer court, a lawyer is not essential and I am by my profession trained to and have been handling cases in courts for the department. If need be, I have many close friends who are well known lawyers.
But I hope I will not have to go to that extent because I detest it the most.

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
On 8-6-07, an Engineer (a boy who is totally ignorant about computers and more so about LCD monitors) came and said that he came as directed by the Viewsonic franchisee at Cochin. When asked what he will do with the monitor, he said he will simply courier it to the Cochin firm and gave me their number. After ascertaining and getting an acknowldment, it was given to him. He couriered it by Blue Dart the same day and they got it the next day. the Cochin people were very co operative and said they corrected the brightness problem but regarding the ants, only the company can take a decision. Within 2 days somebody from Viewsonic-bangalore called and in an argumentative tone said they are not responsible for problems created by ants and the customer is expected to take care of them. But I could convince him it has nothing to do with the customer and the panel is expected to be ant proof and if it was otherwise, we all would have been seeing ants inside the LCD monitors. Then he said that I had not mentioned it when I registered the complaint in the toll free no. ( actually I had done so) I said that I have proof since on the very same day I got a reply to my complaint by e-mail in which I had specifically mentioned everything. Then he checked the mail and said that he will do his best. And the same day they couriered a replacement to their Cochin franchisee, who received it yesterday evening and sent it to me then itself and was received by me today morning. In fact I received a brand new piece manufactured in Feb 2007, in the original pack with all accessories,CD etc and it works perfectly.

BTW not a single dead pixel or a dead ant.

praka123

left this forum longback
Atlast a success story :-|
@janitha bhai ur lucky and viewsonic guys seems neat :D well it makes me thing i too may buy a viewsonic LCD one-direct Ernakulam.

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
praka123 said:
Atlast a success story :-|
@janitha bhai ur lucky and viewsonic guys seems neat :D well it makes me thing i too may buy a viewsonic LCD one-direct Ernakulam.

Thanks, but it took a lot of argumentation over phone to convince them and more than a week to get the replacement, still I should appreciate Viewsonic and their associates for the support.

praka123

left this forum longback
^ hmm..now am waiting for a Simmtronics 256 MB DDR RAM stick to get replaced from Zenicon(Noveon) brought 3 years back.the lady who attends phone call always says Sir,actually we bought that RAM from IMC(international mktg co,nr ravipuram),so we need time to send it to dehli,it will come in a week,blah,blah.:rolleyes: so far so good atleast they r ready to replace the thingy after near 3 yrs :D

Did anyone felt there is some computer hardware mafia exists in Kochi(n)? :D ?I felt like that.if i go direct to a wholesaler(wise :lol: ) they at first refuses saying we dont have direct customer sales etc.but after my purchase from rashi i felt better buy from wholesalers rather than wasting time with the lo$ers btwn :)

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
praka123 said:
^ hmm..now am waiting for a Simmtronics 256 MB DDR RAM stick to get replaced from Zenicon(Noveon) brought 3 years back.the lady who attends phone call always says Sir,actually we bought that RAM from IMC(international mktg co,nr ravipuram),so we need time to send it to dehli,it will come in a week,blah,blah.:rolleyes: so far so good atleast they r ready to replace the thingy after near 3 yrs :D

Did anyone felt there is some computer hardware mafia exists in Kochi(n)? :D ?I felt like that.if i go direct to a wholesaler(wise :lol: ) they at first refuses saying we dont have direct customer sales etc.but after my purchase from rashi i felt better buy from wholesalers rather than wasting time with the lo$ers btwn :)

Did Rashi give their own bill or bill from some retailer?

Once I bought a Venice core CPU from Rashi (Trivandrum) since it was not available with dealers at that time. But they gave the bill from a dealer who was well known to me.

gannu_rox

In the zone
janitha said:
Did Rashi give their own bill or bill from some retailer?

Once I bought a Venice core CPU from Rashi (Trivandrum) since it was not available with dealers at that time. But they gave the bill from a dealer who was well known to me.

Yeah dey do like dat... I was offered the 8800GTS 320 fer 17900 wen it retails outside @ much higher rates...

Pity they're yet to stock P35 mobos...

Rashi @ Ekm's good...
Their direct dealer's Positive systems...

praka123

left this forum longback
@janitha:I got cash memo(invoice) for my xfx gfx card from rashi ernakulam.direct deals and assured carry-on gurantee.thats more than OK for me :p even i have better experiance with ozone systems(wholesaler kottayam/alpy/idki dist) buying dvd writer rather than getting it from local dealers for eg from my town Muvattupuzha(although direct franchise of noveon,IMC etc are here) etc.

now what is wrong in telling the dealers here.eh?it will definitely help pc buyers in kerala
I prefer IMC,Noveon and Rashi.bad memories with Online computers(near south bridge)<....they remembers the Kolkata guy's experiance(supreme?)-they can cheat u if ur new to PC's that is.afaik they got branches all over south kerala.
positive systems..hmm let's see next time..i am searching for a good dealer for LCD Display ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom