Viewsonic LCD 19" Widescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulkit101

Broken In
I am planning to buy a LCD 19" Widescreen.

Following models in viewsonic can be seen on the website:

1. A Series
VA 1912W

2. G Series
VG 1912WM
VG 1930WM

I heard that VA 1912WB is also very good, but cannot find that model on the website.Does VA 1912WB support digital ? VG 1912WM seem to be only analog.

Please suggest with prices which one should i go for..

Thanks

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
Iam currently looking into buying a 19" lcd as well have boiled down to 2 lcd's the viewsonic 1912wb and the samsung 940bw both cost the same i.e 13.5k ,now ive been searching the net for a while (read:a whole week) and ive read lots of reviews ,each one of them is brilliant. Initially i too was wanting to buy the 1912wb but the samsung one has HDCP which looks much more future proof. Since iam looking forward with being with this monitor for atleast 5 years iam quite falling for the samsung panel but in the end of the day its your call .The 1912wb does support digital as well as analog by the way.

Viewsonic 1912WB
Samsung 940BW
HDCP

OP
P

pulkit101

Broken In
Wht is HDPC is all about.. couldnt really make a lot of sense out of it from wht I read....

Viewsonic 1912wb looks slightly better than 940bw & also have recieved better reviews for it... its a close fight i guess...

Pls comment...

Last edited:

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc players allow content providers to set an Image Constraint Token (ICT) flag that will only output full-resolution digital signals using HDCP. If such a player is connected to a non-HDCP-enabled television set and the content is flagged, the player will output a downsampled 480p signal. Many high-definition television sets currently in use are not HDCP-capable, and this would initially negate some of the key benefits of HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc for those consumers.Movie studios are apparently in agreement to not include the ICT flag on any HD DVDs or Blu-ray Discs in the immediate future.

Vista now supports HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc ,so whenever the consumer players are out and we upgrade to say a HD Dvd ODD or a Blu-ray ODD and if we have a Non-HDCP monitor the content would be down graded we dont enjoy the real HD content ,however your graphics card should also have HDCP support.

This is the only thing iam probably going for the samsung other than that i feel since this is my 1st lcd i wouldnt really see the performance diffrence between both these monitors.

soham

In the zone
I think picture quality of the viewsonic would be better. If you can stretch your budget by a few thousands then try the "ViewSonic 20" VA2012W" available for around 18k. The good thing about this monitor is that it supports 1680X1050 resolution. Great buy below 20k.

Last edited:

sabret00the

Youngling
looking at LCD prices falling so fast I think I shud have waited for a few days before buying my 940BW........nevertheless I think its definitely a very good buy.

OP
P

pulkit101

Broken In
Techno:
Its true tht for blue-ray support & other such things HDCP ready monitor would be handy...... But i from wht i have read Blue-ray is not coming up tht well... instead it could be overtaken by the HVD (Holographic Versatile Dics) = 20 times Blue Ray capacity ... (pls see www.hvd-alliance.org) & i think by the time these things become mainstream the LCD prices would slashed by so much that we would neways upgrade to a 21 or 24" .... Just a thought ....

Soham
Frankly i dont know if its worth to pay 5k more for 1" extra... dont know how much of a diff it might make...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom