Video output to tv from graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

princedmedia

Broken In
Hi.. everyone..... wud like u to help solve a problem...

I`ve purchased a NVidia 8500 graphics card... i`ve fixed it and installed the software... every things fine.... but the output to the TV is not visible sometimes, and if it does its showing in the B&W mode... i`m not able to get the output as i see on my desktop.... also how do i configure my card to display only the video output on my TV and not the whole session of my desktop... i`m using intels 915GAV with 2Gb of Ram and 2 sata disks...
I`ve connected the VGA monitor cable to my 8500 GT card and the outs-

1. S-Video out to the TV in thru the available cables ( RCA) - connection not
established...
2. Also tried RCA to RCA - i`m able to see the display but not the colours... only the B&W output...

can anyone guide me to over come this problem in a detailed procedure?
I wud be grateful to u...

Prince:confused:

shantanu

Technomancer
hmmm ok.. i think not many guys try this.. well go the NVIDIA control panel
(or first try downloading the latest drivers) then go to the display options,, and choose multiple displays then choose change display configuration.

now see if it shows your TV. if yes then choose the display and set refresh rate to 60 hz.

save the settings and exit.. (connect with TV out)

if your display is not set then from drop down menu in the display section choose "" my display is not shown in the list "" a window will open up.. select the option of rigrous display detection.. it will do it for you..

shantanu

Technomancer
oh.. okey i think you got to restore all settings to default from Nvidia control panel.. and i read somewhere that many times the settings from TV ( NTSC/PAL) somthing like that is set wrongly.. try changing the settings.. tune to different bands.. i worked for me..

OP
P

princedmedia

Broken In
Hi.. everyone..... wud like u to help solve a problem...

I`ve purchased a NVidia 8500 graphics card... i`ve fixed it and installed the software... every things fine.... but the output to the TV is not visible sometimes, and if it does its showing in the B&W mode... i`m not able to get the output as i see on my desktop.... also how do i configure my card to display only the video output on my TV and not the whole session of my desktop... i`m using intels 915GAV with 2Gb of Ram and 2 sata disks...
I`ve connected the VGA monitor cable to my 8500 GT card and the outs-

1. S-Video out to the TV in thru the available cables ( RCA) - connection not
established...
2. Also tried RCA to RCA - i`m able to see the display but not the colours... only the B&W output...

can anyone guide me to over come this problem in a detailed procedure?
I wud be grateful to u...

Prince

I tried even that... can u guide me with a few simple steps, i mean only the do`s to solve the problem...
since morning i`ve been working on it... i replaced a new card the 8500GT from the earlier 6200 TC which i`ve been testing for the past two days...I`ve even updated the card.... that also gave the same problem.. so i`m trying on a new one that i bought today, my OS is updated with the latest XP KB`s...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom