Video Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

imgame

Broken In
if he has not onboard memory(or even if he has !) ....he can increase AGP aperture memory in BIOS.....AGP aperture memory is the limit to RAM that can be used if ur onboard or graphics memory becomes low for playing games,usually it could be set to 64 MB for system with 256 MB of RAM and 128 MB for higher RAM esply 512 MB.....but remember increasing it with low system RAM will not make any difference! .....but why do u want to increase it after all...??/?

OP
sujithtom

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Well I have PIII 1GHz processor and 384 MB SD RAM. I have Intel graphics controller. When I type dxdiag in the run dialog box, It shows that approx memory is 4MB in the Display tab.

theraven

Technomancer
enter the BIOS setup and go to integrated peripherals, then to video option, and then finally go to agp aperture size. there you can set your shared video memory to 8mb, 16mn,32, and 64mb. right at this time 64mb is the maximum allocation of video memory in an onboard video adapter.
u cannot increase graphic card memory size. .. only those of onboard graphics

theraven

Technomancer
i looked this up .... usually the aperture size is already set to 64 mb
thats y i said its not possible to increase it

darklord

Cyborg Agent
When a motherboard has onboard video there is an option in the bios to change the amount of shared memory.The amount of memory that can be shared depends on the chipset.
You have a P3 so you have an 810 chipset based motherboard.I guess max you can allocate is 4MB or may be 8 MB not more than that.
There is a fix value of frame buffer that a grafix core can address.So this value of shared memory is set to a max value in the bios options.The max option indicates the max memory that can be addressed.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
no way tht is gonna help to increase video memory u will have to buy a AGP card i.e if you have a AGP slot
this AGP card will have diffrent capacities of ram till now i have seen 256 ddr II ram AGP cards get yourself one
by increasing memory from the bios wont affect your perfornamce a hardcore AGP card will give u the real gaming experience

ujjwal

Padawan
nah ... I guess that the intel integrated graphics card can have upto 32MB shared memory. To reach the bios press DEL repeatedly while starting up the pc untill you come to a blue screen ... then follow raven's instructions.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Increasing the video memory has no visible effect on the frame-rate or visual quality of games. So, instead of doing this, I suggest u buy a separate graphics card (i.e. if ur mobo has an AGP slot).

elumalai

Broken In
Haai friends
For me the same prob. Unknowingly, I bought that mercury motherboard and it has no agp slot.

Somebody, pls help me how to increase onboard graphics video RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom