Video Editing Tool [new query]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
I need a good video editing tool similar to Windows Movie Maker to edit my movies from handycam. i tried windows movie maker but the output loses some frames during playback.

G

gxsaurav

hmm, ulead will be fine, but if u can learn, then try Adobe premiere, it's far better

go4saket

Three best software for this are Pinnacle Studio 10, Ulead Video Studio 9 and Adobe Premiere. I generally use Pinnacle as it is very simple to use...

valtea

In the zone
I recommended like Premier, Pinnacle and Ulead videostudio.

Premier is quite complicated so i recomend Pinnacle. I think editing using Ulead does not produce good quality video.

kaysquare

Journeyman
If they are homemade video's then Ulead Videostudio will be the best for capturing and editing. I suggest you to capture directly to MPEG-1/MPEG-2 with an optimal bitrate of 5000 - 6000 kbps for MPEG-2. Ulead VideoStudio with its smart render option doesnt reencode video that already confirms to current project settings and hence further loss in quality is prevented.

Even video capture works well on Low end systems because it captures video to buffer and flushes it frequently. I never had dropped frames with videostudio.

OP
S

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
i m currently using ulead, now i will dl premier tonight and see which is better. yeah video quality is much better than movie maker. But i will surely try premier tomorrow.

kaysquare

Journeyman
shwetanshu,

Premiere is a good tool but it is not a native MPEG editor. It means you have to convert your movie to AVI to edit it in premiere. This consumes a lot of time. But Premiere supports MPEG editing with Mainconcept MPEG plugin.

plsoft

Journeyman
Personally i have tried all the three products-Pinnacle (now using studio 9.4.3), Premiere and Ulead and i find studio to be the simplest one. Moreover it gives superb quality if u want to convert them to DVD.
I also think premiere is really good with lots of features but the problem is that it is really difficult to get familiar with the features and it is resource hungry.
Of course its purely my point of view. nways hope it helps u out with yur desicion problem.

go4saket

What about output quality with respect to system configuration? Is it that the final output will be better if one has a good graphics card installed in his/her machine than one with a normal graphics card that generally is inbuilt in the motherboard.

kaysquare

Journeyman
any movie editing s/w can do that. You have to arrange them sequentially in the timeline and export it to the target format

OP
S

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
ok me using ulead, studio was very huge... too lazy to dl it, then premiere went way above my head, also it is very time consuming.

In ulead, i want to save the movie for DVD, whicch option to choose
1) PAL (4:3)
2) PAL (16:9)

i want to view the movie on my comp as well as on a DVD player.

OP
S

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
i made a home video and edited using Ulead Studio, saved it as DVD file, now it was saved as mpg file. If i write this file as a DATA disc on a DVD, will it play on a DVD player???

kaysquare

Journeyman
shwetanshu said:
i made a home video and edited using Ulead Studio, saved it as DVD file, now it was saved as mpg file. If i write this file as a DATA disc on a DVD, will it play on a DVD player???

your MPEG-2 file should be converted to dvd compliant files b4 burning it to a dvd.

for this you can use ulead DVD workshop / adobe encore dvd.
But i would suggest you to go for DVD lab (basic version is cheap and good enough. havent tested the pro ver though) @ www.mediachance.com

I have already made 5 - 6 dvd's using DVD lab. and it is a very nice application. It accepts only dvd compliant movie mpg files and compiles a dvd in ~30 minutes. you can put even 3-4 vcd movies on a dvd

Give it a try...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom