Video Editing system required urgent ( Mac OS X build )

Octi

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Build is for video editing only and the software's that gonna be used are final cut pro, adobe photoshop, indesign, illustrator, after effects, premiere pro and a few more names which i forgot but those are the one which are gonna be used heavily. And some mild gaming is also there he plays games like League of legends, Dota2 and cod4 nothing more than that.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:80k can extend upto 90k if required.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Mountain Lion OS X 10.8.2

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 120 gb ssd x1 , 1 tb hdd x 3

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes want to buy, 27'' wall mountable 2560x1440.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: nothing everything which is required need to be bought, ohh but we have speakers so we're not gonna buy them.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 12/12/12

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: yes i've built a desktop for myself b4 and now building it for a friend.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: New Delhi, yes buying locally can online too if stuff is not available in market.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Campatiblity gonna be a issue with this build cuz its not windows based so choose wisely.

_AkasH_

Broken In
A Mac OS seriously limits your h/w options. But most of those softwares have Windows equivalents. Are you fixed on Mac OS? I don't think i7 is supported by Macs.

I think you'll be limited to i5, a Gigabyte board (although people have got other boards working by modifying ktext files). They don't support AMD 7xxx series, there is no way around this. (If you know, please tell me). I read that support for NVidia 6xx cards is there (they might also work out of the box).

OP
O

Octi

Broken In
i7 is compatible with it,

and ya i'll have to stick with gigabyte boards.

Slugnet's Video Editor - GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7-3770k, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti

OP
O

Octi

Broken In
no 1 wants to help the poor fella,

i thought if you guys wud post some builds then my costings wud get cut down a little.

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
@Octi
I'm a professional editor, I work with a 12 core Mac pro which is a great machine but FCP is not a great software which can take advantage of the machine. There's no point of building a hackintosh just because it has something from Apple and it can run FCP. Believe me Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5-6 is a very superior software which works flawlessly on a Mac hardware or Windows PC but on hackintosh there are few lags which an amateur might not see but a regular editor will see. Anyways its your call, you asked for Hackintosh so here you go.
HCL 10.8.2 - OSx86
Go through the link above and buy hardware as prescribed there because these are thoroughly tested components with Mac OSX. Take my words don't experiment while buying hardware, just go by the book(the link).

Also an Nvidia graphic card with CUDA support plays a very big role in video editing but with a Mac/Hackintosh you won't have much choice. You'll end up buying an expensive card for MAC when a cheaper card performs exactly the same for a PC.
All the best

Top Bottom