vibra 128- can it be connected to 4 speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

technoteen

Journeyman
hi guys
i have a creative sound blaster vibra 128 sound card from my old machine.
i have a onboard audio card in my new machine and i am using four speakers on it.
as you all must be knowing nothing beats creative in quality so i wanted to use this card on my new machine, i have installed it and got new drivers from creative. i read in my product catalogue that it supprots only two speakers. i tried changing the settings from control panel but to no avail.
is there way of using four speakers on this card or i will have to move back my onboard card?

theraven

Technomancer
no theres no way to do it
if the manual says so. .. what makes u think u can defy the creative technology ?

OP
T

technoteen

Journeyman
there are still three jacks on it
one for speakres out
one for line in
one for mic in
so there may be some way of getting the work done

theraven

Technomancer
that works only on onboard soundcards ...
where without any software those 3 jacks work as u stated
and with the software u have a mic and a front/rear output
but this DOES NOT mean that that software will work on ur creative
those are SPECIFICALLY for that onboard performance ..
i hope things are more clear now

OP
T

technoteen

Journeyman
thanks theraven for your reply but i was always pretty clear about the idea what software works for my onboard sound card and what does not works for my sound card.
youshould know i even installed the driver for the sound card(which was not installing) after changing the driver inf file in windows xp and then it worked fine even installed the updates. i just wanna say that i am not a complete novice to computing.
i just posted with the hope that somebody of the members would have installed 4 speakers on the card but it seems no one has done it so i am gonna try it first using software and if necessary with hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom