Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldip10

In the zone
Hey guys,
I came with this VIA mobo which supports socket468 processors.It costs around 2K. At the same i found a graphics card (128MB AGP) costing around 1.7K.I wantedto know whether the two mentioned things are good or ...
plz reply for sure..

phatratt

In the zone
socket 468?which one is that?AFAIK we have socket 478 which supports older willamette and 7northwood core p4 processors.

As for the graphics card,please mention which one coz VIA mobo has stablity issues with gforce cards.

Last edited:

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Which is socket 468 ?I think u mean to say socket 478.Which supports the older p4.

The memory on a low end graphics card does not matter much.Mx 4000 has 128 MB of buffer while the 6600 also has a 128 MB of memory,this does not mean that MX 4000 that retails for around 1.5 K will be as good as 6600..
Tell us which graphics card are u takin about....

OP
cooldip10

cooldip10

In the zone
I don't have much idea about graphics cards.. But i have heard that PCI-Express is the latest , future-proof and cheaper than AGP.. is that true??

vandit

In the zone
i would not recommend the VIA mobo....majority of them face prob. when a graphics card is added...( unless u do the firmware update...) .. i m a past user of VIA and i know how much pain it gives in the @#$..:mad: regardin the graphics card...plz specify the manufacturer and the chipset it uses..

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Yea. Don't go for VIA mobo. The guy frm whom i bought my old pc, his shop closed and I reinstalled XP. Now I installed all drivers frm my mobo cd. But still games were not running properly. I installed driver by downloading thru net and still not working. I stayed with that pc for 4 years. 2years it ran fine but after that re-intsllition the remaning 2 years were not good.So don't go for VIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom