VFM Android Phone

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hello Friends,

I have been saving money for a mobile since the past 2 years. My N73ME is almost broken now, display gone. Anyways I am looking for a phone that can endure falls on the ground and stuff for the next few years. S7 is good but I think its price will fall in Feb when S8 will be launched. Please suggest good models by Samsung and Motorola(skeptical about Moto, maybe because of Lenovo). What I am looking for is a good processor for gaming and stuff and it should get atleast next 1 or 2 more Android OTA updates. Max budget-40k.

Thanks

jodo_c

Broken In
*forum.digit.in/buying-advice/134349-questionnaire-mobile-phone-purchase-queries.html

Answer this questions you will get better help.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
[MENTION=289819]jodo_c[/MENTION]
Thanks bro

1. Budget? 40k
2. Display type and size? It should be the size of a phone and not a tablet. If there's 4k then its good.
3. Dual sim? Of the little what I have heard dual sim phones lacks good processors. Moreover in the high end phones one has to let go of the microsd slot for the second sim. So, no dual sim.
4. Preferred choice of brand? Samsung, Moto.
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Doesn't matter.
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready) Doesn't matter.
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Games, Music, Internet, Mails.
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? S7
10. Any other info that you want to share. If there's a phone with VR in this range, then great.

jodo_c

Broken In
If you want the phone for gaming and updates only I think Oneplus 3t will suffice your needs.
Samsung S7 is also good and it is getting Android N but the Indian Variant comes with Exynos processor whose gpu is slightly inferior then SD820/821 (adreno 530) in gaming. If you want stock UI Moto Z is also an Option but doesn't have 3.5mm jack.

Of course if you can wait till Feb/march then wait S8 will worth the wait but you probably have to increase your budget by then.

Wait for someone else to share there point/opinion/suggestion too.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
If you want the phone for gaming and updates only I think Oneplus 3t will suffice your needs.
Samsung S7 is also good and it is getting Android N but the Indian Variant comes with Exynos processor whose gpu is slightly inferior then SD820/821 (adreno 530) in gaming. If you want stock UI Moto Z is also an Option but doesn't have 3.5mm jack.

Of course if you can wait till Feb/march then wait S8 will worth the wait but you probably have to increase your budget by then.

Wait for someone else to share there point/opinion/suggestion too.

Thanks dear. No Oneplus or any other Chinese junk for me. All Samsung phones in India have an inferior RAM/Processor as compared to the same models in other countries. Is Moto Z the same variant which has interchangeable back covers (higher camera, Bose speakers etc.) available on Amazon? Is the same model VR compatible?

Na, I won't be able to get S8 as it will cost around 60-70k initially. But the price of S7 at its launch will go down.

Top Bottom