Very wierd prblem with xp...no solution on google also

Status
Not open for further replies.

sar11

Right off the assembly line
ok i joined this forum for one reason only
so i formatted my hard disk completely (all partitions) and installed xp msdn edition.
now i had c,d,e,f partitions, i put in my apps in e.
i formatted d drive HFS ;) so now e became d and f became e
now my registry has gone super psychotic
i uninstalled all apps and cleaned registry then reinstalled but now whenever i open an app, it opens then tries to open the same exe again in that app??!!
for eg.
when i open bitcomet it says error_cant_open_torrent
when i open media player classic it says "file not found"
when i open word (installed on c) it says "directory name is not valid"

its like this with every application
i really really really done want to format again...pls temme there is a workaround....

i think i need to reindex or somethig

moshel

Padawan
reinstall windows...you dont need to format ur HDD, nor you have to do a clean install....just pop in the windows cd and install windows in the same place where it is right now.
what this will do is,
install any missing .exe files

this way u wont need to go through the process of installing all the drivers once again and all that stuff.

before doing the above u may run a good antivirus and see, just in case.

OP
S

sar11

na i have KAV updated but ure asking me to repair or reinstall cuz reinstall will make windows.0 etc etc...

Most Wanted

In a New flavour
Mai to kahonga format kar ke clean install aur han pahle sare partition delete kar ke naya partition jaroor bana lena. karo.

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
well, i cudnt really understand ur prblm...but it seems like ur registry has gone NUTS...lol :p
the best what i can suggest is to reinstall the full OS in order to avoid further problems

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
dude there is i mismatch between your registry and install directories . your problem is pretty complex so pardon me he my reply is hasty . my advice , format windows partition and re install with all softwares too

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Change your drive letters as they were first. You can do this by right clicking on 'My Computer' and choosing 'Manage', then 'Disk Management'. Now right click on 'F' and change to 'G', 'E' to 'F', 'D' to 'E'. That should fix the problem unless you have installed your programs in D (before converting to HFS).

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
The best cure would be to first uninstall all the apps then make a resistary scan and later repair your windows Even he it persists format all the drives.

OP
S

sar11

format would be a disaster cuz i just formatted the whole disk 2 days ago...but ill try something..lets c..i think ill first try to install macdrive to get back my hfs partition in windows..but ill remove all apps and clean registry before that
im really dreading the amount of time this will waste

why microsoft why do you still sick with registry...

Laughingman

HELL is FULL,So Iam Back
LOL
Shouldn't have cleaned reg
Some of the system Related Files are removed

Advise....
Reinstall OS,
I Suffered the same fate many a times while searching and playing with registry:confused:

OP
S

sar11

LOL
Shouldn't have cleaned reg
Some of the system Related Files are removed

Advise....
Reinstall OS,
I Suffered the same fate many a times while searching and playing with registry:confused:

this actually gives me an idea...what if i reinstall windows on c...without formatting..would it ruin my darwin bootloader?

Laughingman

HELL is FULL,So Iam Back
Hey SAR11
if you do reinstall windows in C then you will loose every setting of installed software...

You have to sacrifice your installed settings
i suggest you back them up in different drive and then format C and reinstall windows properly on C.
Every setting can be saved in different drive with any harm to it.

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
Do reg clean using regcleaner or ccleaner kind of software then try install again . . Or try changing the drive letter . . Thats lame but who knows . . .

Laughingman

HELL is FULL,So Iam Back
Reg only degrades system to give a temp boost
They tend to think of overloaded window reg files as duplicates
And, [PUFF] window crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom