Very Urgent:Pls Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Recently I was trying to install Longhorn Beta Version on my PC (Athlon 64 3000+ & MSI RS482M-ILD). I tried to do a fresh installation of Longhorn on my existing XP with SP2 platform. After running the installation shield for few moments, the installation prompted me to restart.

After restarting thesystem failed to recognize my keyboard as not a single key was working. To the horror I am not being able to enter into BIOS as delete key is non-functional. Also I can't boot from CD as again it requires any key to be pressed. Nor the longhorn installation continued. The bar is moving on the boot screen showing Longhorn but nothing follows.

I tried different keyboards but no use. So either it is a Keyboard Port problem or my BIOS is corrupted I don't know. Can anybody help what the hell it is.

I don't know whether it is a software problem or a hardware problem. So I posted this in both.

urvish_acharya

Broken In
poor thing budy...
your mother board seems to be lie culprit...reset your BIOS by jumper setting/by removing C-MOS battery..this may solve your problem..if your have AGP card installedreinsert it.in case of any prob,do come back

k_blues24

Journeyman
It seem to some system file r get correpted due to LongHorn or some files r replaced by it. Now thats why ur OS does not able to detect ur keyboard.
Try to boot with BOOTABLE OS CD then try to repair installation. If this not works then try this :
"on ur own risk"
Take ur HDD to ur frnd & then try to repair ur OS using BOOTABLE CD.
remember the drive letter (where ur OS is installed) at that particular pc/ ur frnd's pc (may be E:, F: etc.) then try this repair installation for that particular drive, it will replace all long horn foles that r installed & ur XP files r recovered.
I hope u uderstand wat I mean to say.
Bye.

OP
sandeepkochhar

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
thanx guys. the removal of BIOS battery worked n i m now able to boot into XP. But still I am surprised why Vista didn't worked for me. I think there is some conflict b/w ATI based chipsets and longhorn. By the way when Mr. Gates will officially launch Vista. 4 saal se XP chala-chala kar bore ho gaye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom