Very Urgent Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Anybody,
On my system I 've found some file named "zzzsvxzvazzv" (Little bit difference in the name for each drive) on each drive created automatically exept drive on which OS is installed. I 've XP-Prof. with sp2 installed.
File size is only 1kb and even if I delete it appears on every reboot. Also I've scaned it using Avast! with latest Virus Definition, but it clean.

Do I 've to worry, or just let the file refuge on the system??????????

sakumar79

Technomancer
Strange files appearing on the drive can be both legit as well as virus carriers... Some software such as System Mechanic Pro create files in each partition... Some create strange files consistently in the temp folder...

First, please post a HijackThis log, and then, other forum members will be able to check for spyware or virus problems.

Next, run a check using Antispyware software such as Lavasoft Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy.

Third, delete the files and restart in safe mode. See if it appears... 99% it wont... If it does, it might have to do with some MS service, etc...

Fourth, take a look at the startup list (services, startup files, etc) using MS Config... Look for fishy Non-MS services or items on the startup list that you are not familiar with... Look them up on google and verify if they are legit or problematic...

Finally, try turning off one service/startup entry at a time, restarting your computer with the file deleted and check if it is getting created... This will help you isolate the problematic software

Arun

Official Techie

In the zone
first boot through antivirus cd like norton or mcafee and perform a scan if no virus isthere search through spybot or spyware blaster and then post a log file of hijack this u can download hijack this from major geeks.com

hermit

Journeyman
insert a bootable Antivirus Disc like norton... and scan for viruses .

i recommend use Hirens boot disc to scan

for any further information P.M

hermit.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
It's definitely a virus. Your antivirus doesn't detect ,doesn't me that your System is
clean!! Try rectifying the problem with Norton, otherwise the only option is formatting
& reinstalling Windows. Keep that as a last resort.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
If nothing works try editing the registry by searching.. Also check your add/remove programs..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom