Very limited LM6410 audio options.. :(

OP
V2IBH2V

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob
Cant really tell... But, i think i'm going for Yamaha YHT- 196.. It costs 21k.. Any more suggestions?

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
Cant really tell... But, i think i'm going for Yamaha YHT- 196.. It costs 21k.. Any more suggestions?

Are you set on getting a 5.1 surround sound setup? What about using a sound bar? Sound bars are quite good, actually. They offer great sound and are much cheaper.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
If you don't need 5.1 surround sound then a soundbar can be used for increasing the sound effects. They have a subwoofer and a soundbar which handles the Left Right signal. Soundbars with optical inputs are not cheaper though.

Boston Acoustics TVee Model 20 Soundbar

Junglee.com: F&D T780W TV Soundbar

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
If you don't need 5.1 surround sound then a soundbar can be used for increasing the sound effects. They have a subwoofer and a soundbar which handles the Left Right signal. Soundbars with optical inputs are not cheaper though.

Boston Acoustics TVee Model 20 Soundbar

Junglee.com: F&D T780W TV Soundbar

Yes, what you say is very true. However, the reason why I suggested a sound bar is because if you use a DAC (digital to analogue converter), you will only have a Left/Right RCA output -- which is exactly what a sound bar has. On the other hand, a 5.1 speaker set up will have 6 different inputs, so using a DAC will not work.

However, yes, sound bars can get very expensive themselves, as there are varying qualities of sound bars. I would highly suggest that you go to a showroom to see what sound bars are capable of before buying one if you are interested. Personally, I think sound bars are great and saves the hassle of all the wires from a 5.1 speaker setup. Even if you buy a wireless 5.1 setup, it will be very, very expensive. In addition, a lot of sound bars can "mimic" surround sound by bouncing sounds off of walls and such. How effective the virtual surround sound is is entirely subjective, however.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
That boston one is aound 17k or nah??

According to this review: Boston Acoustics Tvee Model 20 Review | Digital Trends that soundbar seems like it's quite good! The subwoofer is wireless as well! If you wish to buy this, keep in mind that you first have to buy the optical to left/right RCA DAC (digital to analogue converter) as well as an extra set of RCA male to RCA male cables. They shouldn't set you back too much.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
Lol.. :D
I meant to show you the price.. N if it is alright to buy this...

The soundbar is a very good deal. However, I would highly suggest you go to a showroom to see what the sound quality is like first. These speakers are simply meant to replace the sound from your TV. What I mean by that is this is a no-frills soundbar, so you won't see any special features such as virtual surround sound, or Dolby Digital Pro-Logic sound. It's strictly used as an alternative to using the speakers from the TV itself.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

OP
V2IBH2V

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob
Okay.. I have one more problem, Sherlock..
Even though i bought tv on 12th, i havent recievd the movie pack yet... :(
What should i do?

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
Okay.. I have one more problem, Sherlock..
Even though i bought tv on 12th, i havent recievd the movie pack yet... :(
What should i do?

Did you not receive the movie pack when you bought the TV? What did the retailer say to you? Let me know what happened in more detail, and I'll see what I can find out for you!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

OP
V2IBH2V

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob
Well, i live in aurangbad..
I asked for the pack when buying the tv.. The sales person said that its not available at the moment, and that i should collect it afterwards.. Till this date, i've called him tons of time to get only response that he'll call me up when its available..! When?!!! :( >:-(

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
Well, i live in aurangbad..
I asked for the pack when buying the tv.. The sales person said that its not available at the moment, and that i should collect it afterwards.. Till this date, i've called him tons of time to get only response that he'll call me up when its available..! When?!!! :( >:-(

It seems like this is a simply a problem with stock, as the retailer has said. How quickly you will receive your Blurays depends entirely on how often the retailer you went to orders new stock. Sometimes they order new stock every week. Sometimes they go longer before getting new stock. In addition, I'm going to assume that he is sending the Blurays to people on a first come first serve basis, meaning that the people who purchased a TV before you but haven't received the Blurays as well will most likely receive it first. Patience is a virtue!

If you do not receive the Bluray movies by the end of the month, give them another call as a friendly reminder and ask him for an estimated time of delivery. Keep in mind to keep your receipts and such ready!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
Meh. :p
Yamaha YHT-196.. 5.1 speakers with optical in.. :D

Why the "meh"? I've read the reviews for that home theatre setup, and everyone says that it's a great entry-level home theatre kit. And since it has an optical in, you can be sure that the audio signal won't get "lost in translation" going from digital to analogue!

You should set it all up then take a picture to show us (mostly me, though)! I'm sure you have a home entertainment setup most people dream about.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

OP
V2IBH2V

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob
You're holding me high, Sherlock! :D
Let me get it first.. I'll surely let u guys know( especially you).. :)

Top Bottom