Vegetarian vs Non- Vegetarian

Ronnie012

Earthling
Vegetarian vs Non Vegetarian.

Vegan Non vegan.

Meat Vs No Meat

All fish no meat? All Milk no meat..

Let me start by saying that personally I am a non-vegetarian and I have been a non-vegan throughout my life.

But if I have to choose between a vegan and non-vegan lifestyle then I will choose vegan.

Why you may ask?

Because I feel vegetarian is healthier. Also it prevents treating animals, birds and other living creatures(which have an immune and nervous system and are self conscious) as food(specially birds like chickens etc.)

So let's start the debate- Which is better Veg vs Non veg?

Last edited by a moderator:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Eat what you want to, let others do the same.
If you consume any milk product, don't be a cow-vigilante or "veg is better" preacher.

Last edited:
OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
Eat what you want to, let others do the same.
If you consume any milk product, don't be a cow-vigilante or "veg is better" preacher.
I am a non-vegan myself. This thread is not for promoting vegetarianism or non-vegetarianism, rather a focus on whether a meat diet or a non-meat diet is a better alternative for leading a healthier, better life . Also nowhere have I mentioned Cow.

So lets keep our emotions and religious feelings aside and rather focus on the merits and demerits of each kind of food, be it vegan or non-vegan.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I am a non-vegan myself. This thread is not for promoting vegetarianism or non-vegetarianism, rather a focus on whether a meat diet or a non-meat diet is a better alternative for leading a healthier, better life . Also nowhere have I mentioned Cow.

So lets keep our emotions and religious feelings aside and rather focus on the merits and demerits of each kind of food, be it vegan or non-vegan.
The reply wasn't directed towards you.
I just stated what people should do. As for the diet, have both veg and non veg food. Pulses/dal alone don't have enough protein and soya contains excess estrogen.

OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
The reply wasn't directed towards you.
I just stated what people should do. As for the diet, have both veg and non veg food. Pulses/dal alone don't have enough protein and soya contains excess estrogen.
Okay :)

I think for a vegan apart from dal/pulses other protein rich diet forms are available which include - Paneer, cheese etc.

OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
Why kill animals ? Go veg. They feel pain too.
Well you have a point here.

But a valid counter argument is present - Plants, like animals, also feel pain.

" J. C. Bose, the great Indian physicist was one of the first in the world to prove that plants not only feel pain, but respond and communicate in their own ways. "

S0 if we have to stop killing animals because they feel pain, then I think we should also stop cutting down trees for the reason.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is no absolute statement regarding superiority of veg & non-veg foods.For people living in colder climates like North USA,Canada,Russia,Nordic Countries,eating non-veg has both evolutionary & practical benefits.For people in hotter/tropical climates it is more of a taste preference.Both veg & non-veg foods have their own strengths & weaknesses but as long as a person's genetic makeup can support it,there is no issue with either.

quicky008

Technomancer
If you see them kill those animals, how much they suffer before butchered, you would probably never touch meat.
A very pertinent point indeed.I saw an animal getting butchered when i was still very young and i haven't touched meat since then-its been aptly said that "meat is murder".I'm also on the verge of giving up the consumption of eggs & milk completely.Why would you want to slaughter a living sentient being in cold blood just for the sake of palate pleasure-for a meal that will barely last 15 mins?! Its a very cruel,barbaric and an ignoble thing to do and i find it hard to fathom how people who feel no compunctions about it manage to go about their lives normally without feeling even an iota of remorse for their actions.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
There is no absolute statement regarding superiority of veg & non-veg foods.For people living in colder climates like North USA,Canada,Russia,Nordic Countries,eating non-veg has both evolutionary & practical benefits.For people in hotter/tropical climates it is more of a taste preference.Both veg & non-veg foods have their own strengths & weaknesses but as long as a person's genetic makeup can support it,there is no issue with either.
Agreed

Nerevarine

Incarnate
My take on this,
1) Sort all Life based on their similarity to humans, with the least similar at the bottom (like bacteria, etc).
2) Consume every edible life from the bottom, and head towards the top until you have every kind of nutrients your body needs, taking into account your climate, your spending capacity etc.
3) You will usually arrive at lacto vegetarian or even Pescetarianism or eggiterian
4) ????
5 Profit with little animal life slaughter

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
If Milk is a Non-veg (technically) then why Vegetarians consume it ?
And eating Eggs doesn't mean you are killing an animal...and No Pain is given.

Basically, this is all a Food Chain.
Human are Omnivorous and are on top of the food chain.

If Lions stop eating herbivorous, because of Pain then entire Ecosystem will be hampered.

And I know we have a soft heart and think of saving lives

Pasapa

Live to die another day
I've never understood why some people consider killing animals for food is a terrible thing to do. We humans have done it since the beginning of our time.
Besides plants are living things too ,isn't killing them bad too?

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom