Vegetables, pulses rise out of common man's reach

Status
Not open for further replies.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Source: *ibnlive.in.com/news/vegetables-pulses-rise-out-of-common-mans-reach/98115-3.html

Prices of potatoes, tomatoes and pulses in the national capital have risen to such an extent that some harried families even find meat a cheaper option.

Not just exotic broccoli and mushrooms but the relatively affordable tomatoes, onions and potatoes -- basic ingredients in most Indian meals -- are moving away from the common man's reach as prices continue to soar because of erratic and low rainfall in major pulse- and vegetable-producing states.

The prices of potatoes and onions have increased over the last few days to as much as Rs 20 and Rs 25 a kilo respectively at retail outlets in the national capital. The price of tomatoes has similarly shot up to almost Rs 40 a kilo. A kilo of dal (pulses) costs as much as Rs 40. In each case, the hike is over 25 per cent.

Read On..........

nix

I read that some middle men are artificially creating scarcity and this causes prices to go up. Govt ought to take action on such people.

Rahim

Married!
In Kolkata the CPM Govt has made stalls to sell Potatoes @ Rs 13/kg.

While daal has shot to 90 :shock:
Outlook has un-earthed Rs 2500 Crore Rice Scam.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
hmmm.... Finally discussion about a common mad man in TDF. Here Daal costs around 95 rupees. And thanks to this hike in prices, i have been receiving consistent deductions in my pocket money.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Source: *ibnlive.in.com/news/vegetables-pulses-rise-out-of-common-mans-reach/98115-3.html

Prices of potatoes, tomatoes and pulses in the national capital have risen to such an extent that some harried families even find meat a cheaper option.

Not just exotic broccoli and mushrooms but the relatively affordable tomatoes, onions and potatoes -- basic ingredients in most Indian meals -- are moving away from the common man's reach as prices continue to soar because of erratic and low rainfall in major pulse- and vegetable-producing states.

The prices of potatoes and onions have increased over the last few days to as much as Rs 20 and Rs 25 a kilo respectively at retail outlets in the national capital. The price of tomatoes has similarly shot up to almost Rs 40 a kilo. A kilo of dal (pulses) costs as much as Rs 40. In each case, the hike is over 25 per cent.

Read On..........

That's actually cheaper than here in Kathmandu. Not where I live though.

OP
NucleusKore

NucleusKore

TheSaint
^Reminds me of the infamous words of Marie Antoinette, during the French Revolution.

S'ils n'ont pas de pain, qui'ls mangent de la brioche

(If they have no bread, let them eat cake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom