VDSL Modem / Router for AirTel VFibre

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well using modem in bridge mode also sells their crappy modem,it just allow you to use your router along with their modem.It is not like you are asking them to make your W8968 work directly with their VDSL thus replacing their modem.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Well using modem in bridge mode also sells their crappy modem,it just allow you to use your router along with their modem.It is not like you are asking them to make your W8968 work directly with their VDSL thus replacing their modem.
I asked them about the same when you told me about it last year but their answer was no company policy and shit.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I asked them about the same when you told me about it last year but their answer was no company policy and shit.
My guess is that either they don't want users to download torrents(maybe they have disabled UPnP in their modem without which one cannot use torrents unless port forwarding is setup in modem settings) or they think that by setting modem in bridge mode they will also have to respond to queries about various routers which will be used by various people.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
My guess is that either they don't want users to download torrents(maybe they have disabled UPnP in their modem without which one cannot use torrents unless port forwarding is setup in modem settings) or they think that by setting modem in bridge mode they will also have to respond to queries about various routers which will be used by various people.
Idk bro. Hope jio comes soon here.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
At least they left UPnP enabled in their modem.Don't know why they can't also allow bridge mode setup by including some condition that they won't respond to any technical issue regarding router.

Top Bottom