VCD on DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

knoppix

Broken In
Hi Friends,
I want to write normal video (.dat) files on a DVD disk. i am using nero premium 7.2 version. But the problem is that when i try select the media type as DVD disk and add video to the compilation, it starts the conversion of the .dat files into .vob format, hence takes a lot of disk space.
Can anyone please help me in this regard

nil_3

In the zone
knoppix said:
Hi Friends,
...when i try select the media type as DVD disk and add video to the compilation, it starts the conversion of the .dat files into .vob format, hence takes a lot of disk space.

Your selection of media type as DVD disk is allright but instead of clicking on DVD-Video you should select "Make Data-DVD". That will write your .DAT file without conversion.

One more thing. Instead of writing .DAT files, you should write them in .MPEG. Nothing to do, just rename them. It will make your written files more compatible with Players.

OP
K

knoppix

Broken In
Thanks a lot Nil

My understanding by ur reply is that i have to simply rename the .dat files to .mpeg and burn it as data DVD.
But if i do so, will these DVD's be compatable with DVD players ?

Thanks in advance.

OP
K

knoppix

Broken In
but VOB format consumes a lot of disk space. I want to convert it into .dat format so that i can reduce the no of CD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom