Uttar pradesh tech university failed to secure its own website...

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblackhathacker

Right off the assembly line
UPTU is a technical University and has produced so many Engineers. but it is not able to manage and secure its own website.
what the companies will think the university which is not able to secure itself how that will provide us Engineers? Nitin Pandey from uttar pradesh had revealed vulnerability to original vendors by hacking their administrative account this month...

Theodre

In the zone
Thanks for the info :) Am planning to be a Ethical hacker too :)

Thats one college where i wont be going :-o

ritvij

rated R
i was going for it but now won't...:lol:
BTW, OFFTOPIC: ethical hacking courses... can anyone give some info on htem?

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
What on Earth has lack of sense of hiring a info sec professional to check for security issues got to do with the faculty? :|

I'm not saying the faculty is good or bad( I have no clue) but using their website security as an example for the inablility to produce quality engineers is ludicrous.

Going by the same logic Valve, MSFT, Apple etc worst places to work because of the breakins that happens and their "inability" to secure their webpages/apps. Pointless thread.

ritvij

rated R
UPTU is a technical University and has produced so many Engineers. but it is not able to manage and secure its own website.
what the companies will think the university which is not able to secure itself how that will provide us Engineers? Nitin Pandey from uttar pradesh had revealed vulnerability to original vendors by hacking their administrative account this month...

source of this info??

sarthak

In the zone
What on Earth has lack of sense of hiring a info sec professional to check for security issues got to do with the faculty? :|

I'm not saying the faculty is good or bad( I have no clue) but using their website security as an example for the inablility to produce quality engineers is ludicrous.

Going by the same logic Valve, MSFT, Apple etc worst places to work because of the breakins that happens and their "inability" to secure their webpages/apps. Pointless thread.

+1. Few months back some NIT's website was hacked right before their cultural fest. It doesn't mean that NIT faculty or students are not good.
BTW many times its the students of the university who do such things. So it might actually show that the students are quite capable.

Gauravs90

geek........
This thread is total bullshit...

The website dosen't contain any personal information of the university or any kind of login, it only contain information and circulars.

Security is not an issue for these websites.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
"Uttar pradesh tech university failed to secure its own website...". I don't know why is that a surprise. And as for this thread is concerned, @OP, you have got to provide some link to the sources dude.

And Btw, welcome to the forum, but please read some rules. Link provided in above person's siggy ^^.

Thanks for the info :) Am planning to be a Ethical hacker too :)

Thats one college where i wont be going :-o

i was going for it but now won't...:lol:
BTW, OFFTOPIC: ethical hacking courses... can anyone give some info on htem?

"Ethical Hacking" or whatever the media labels it is not something you go to an institute and learn. Just master HTML, CSS, JavaScript, JQuery, PHP, SQL and AJAX, learn to exploit the above (injection, form alteration, etc) and learn to love firebug :D

And if you asked HOW, I'd say stick with normal IT job and maybe you'll figure it out ;)

thatsashok

peace panda
Even playstation, steam and other top secure websites are being taken down. I don't see what is the point if a university cannot secure its website.

Moreover all universities do not handle the website themselves they give it to some firms. And neither do they give it to students to run.

I sudo killall -u mec my college's dns server every time I go into the lab, no big deal.

Pointless thread, closing it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom