Using laptops with pirated software abroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

harshagarwal

Journeyman
I want to know, what happens if a person from India uses a laptop abroad..say in US or UK or any other developed nation, with pirated software loaded in it,like the OS and the office suite.

In our country it doesnt matter much, but does it matter abroad(especially while using internet) , like can they track that person down to nab him, or can they lock his laptop or software remotely, or for that matter install a software which will not allow the person to connect to the internet.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
harshagarwal said:
I want to know, what happens if a person from India uses a laptop abroad..say in US or UK or any other developed nation, with pirated software loaded in it,like the OS and the office suite.

In our country it doesnt matter much, but does it matter abroad(especially while using internet) , like can they track that person down to nab him, or can they lock his laptop or software remotely, or for that matter install a software which will not allow the person to connect to the internet.

I am not trying to promote piracy but nothing of that sort is gonna happen :)

LOL :) I dont think there is any such thing. ya, because the law there is more strict so you may be in a greater trouble then it will be if its here. But the question is, how will you get caught? :)

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Spending on lawyer and filling a suit and stuff will actually cost more than the pirated software u might be using ;)

Distributing and promoting on a large scale is a another though :)

appu

Knowledge Nomad
No worry at all...... i bro went to uk and was using laptop wit all pirated softs nuthing happens....

azzu

AJJU
actually gotta say Hat's off to ur creativity
but yup nothing happen's untill u Distrubute or Use it for full business purpose ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom