Using internet and LAN from 2 ports

I have 2 LAN ports in my ASUS P5Q-E. I have connected my Intenet to one port, and my Wifi router to my other one. I haven't connected my internet to my router as I don't want to share my internet :D.

Now, both of em works independently without any flaws. But if both are enabled together, Internet stops working. If I disable the WiFi port (Local Area Connection 2), then internet resumes without any problems. I have tried prioritizing the internet port (Local Area Connection) in the advanced connection menu, to no avail.

Any help will be appreciated!

OP
U

Ultra_Bloodshed

Broken In
Nope. Bridging didnt work. I could only access local LAN after bridging. I have a static IP for acessing net provided from my ISP.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
not possible.a system can not simultaneously have 2 different IPs(which you would because of your ISP IP).use wifi router & WPA2 password feature to secure your wifi connection.

OP
U

Ultra_Bloodshed

Broken In
^^ Sounds about right. But then take this scenario too.
I have a Docomo3G e-Stick. I connect my LAN network and connect to the internet using the dongle. I now have 2 IP's. One Local (192.xxx), one external(internet)(46.xxx). And both my LAN and internet is working...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
not exactly.docomo3g stick is connected to usb port not another lan port.it uses net connection over the existing lan network.the external IP of docomo is using the path of internal lan to communicate so even when there are 2 IPs the communication path is still one(single lan port).

Top Bottom