Using E/USB token as mass storage

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

Is it possible to store and retrieve files other than certificates in USB etoken? I would like to use it as read-only USB flash disk. Also how to copy/make an image of the certificates in an etoken to hdd or to another pendrive?

Thanks

gameranand

Living to Play
Yes its possible to use it as regular storage device. And you can make backup as well, although its not recommended because USB E tokens are meant for security related tasks and certificates and saving them elsewhere would be insecure.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi Guys,

Is it possible to store and retrieve files other than certificates in USB etoken? I would like to use it as read-only USB flash disk. Also how to copy/make an image of the certificates in an etoken to hdd or to another pendrive?

Thanks
Just have a look at this and decide for yourself but as for me I would not store in a normal pen drive.
Normal Pen Drive Vs eToken : Digital Signature Certificates India, DSC Kolkata, India, certificates for digital signature MTNL

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Just have a look at this and decide for yourself but as for me I would not store in a normal pen drive.
Normal Pen Drive Vs eToken : Digital Signature Certificates India, DSC Kolkata, India, certificates for digital signature MTNL

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

I know about the differences. My friend has one, he wants to take the backup, probably as an image, of the etoken so that God forbid if it gets lost he can restore the same in some other pendrive. He has some years old etokens the timeframe of which has passed so he wanted to use them as a normal pendrive.

gameranand

Living to Play
I know about the differences. My friend has one, he wants to take the backup, probably as an image, of the etoken so that God forbid if it gets lost he can restore the same in some other pendrive. He has some years old etokens the timeframe of which has passed so he wanted to use them as a normal pendrive.
He can.

gameranand

Living to Play
Try that with Gparted or some other good partition manager like MiniTool Partition Wizard or something.

Top Bottom