User Account Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cluby

Broken In
I have a password protected administrator account and a limited user account on a xp sp2.
Problem is I am not being able to see the cdrw drive in the limited one.
Is there is any way to use the drive and write cds from the limited account without installing any third party tool?
I have only one administrator account that is the default one.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
This tip does not apply to Nero users, it is only for XP's built-in CD burning feature.

Follow this steps:

1) Go to Start, Run and enter REGEDIT. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
2) - Look in the right pane for AllocateDASD and double click the entry. Set the value to 2.
- On PRO, this is exposed in Local Security Policy under Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options
3) - "Devices: Allowed to format and eject removable media"
- For XP Pro, you can do this by clicking Start, Run and entering SECPOL.MSC
4)Go to Local Policies, Security Options, look in the right pane for Devices: Allowed to Format and eject removable media. Set this option to Administrators and Interactive Users

For Nero Users
To Enable Nero Writer in Limited Accounts use: *www.nero.com/nero6/eng/Nero_BurnRights.html

OP
cluby

cluby

Broken In
But the regedit & SECPOL.MSC is blocked for any changes to be made.
Lastly is there is any way to create an administrator account through that limited account.

Last edited:

sakumar79

Technomancer
If this is your computer, you should know the admin password...

If this is not your computer, but the computer of someone else who is the admin, ask that person to enable the rights for you. Trying to get these rights behind someone else's back is wrong...

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom