Useful Freewares...

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
i have got a problem with my display stand by...... when ever it goes to stand by mode it take 5 minutes for monitor to go into stand by saying no hdmi cable detected and monitor will go to standby in 5 minutes is there any way to fix this i was not getting this delay while i was using vga cable........

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
still not able to find a good easy to use photo editor, to crop, censor part of images, write memes, collage, do filter effects, etc something like Picsart from Android

and how can i integrate the Free Download manager with Firefox, so it automatically picks up the download, just like IDM does

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
still not able to find a good easy to use photo editor, to crop, censor part of images, write memes, collage, do filter effects, etc something like Picsart from Android

and how can i integrate the Free Download manager with Firefox, so it automatically picks up the download, just like IDM does

get this :
*addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/xthunder/?src=cb-dl-toprated

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Should I get GIMP or PS ?
I want to learn the basic of photo/image editing through web/net tutorials.
So,what would be suitable for me for above purpose ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
for firefox, why not downthemall?

Op has asked for an addon which will help him to download through extrenal DMs like FDM but downthemall is an full fledged DM on it's own AFAIK. I'm not a regular user of FF so I may lost the touch ;) but FlashGot suggested above fits here perfectly. The main reason I've mentioned Xthunder is last time I've used it so that name came to my mind in the first place. :D

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Can somebody help me out with this?

it is better if you can try yourself FDM.

Op has asked for an addon which will help him to download through extrenal DMs like FDM but downthemall is an full fledged DM on it's own AFAIK. I'm not a regular user of FF so I may lost the touch ;) but FlashGot suggested above fits here perfectly. The main reason I've mentioned Xthunder is last time I've used it so that name came to my mind in the first place. :D

yep. downthemall is a full stand alone download manager can be used as an alternate to FDM.

so which browser are you using now?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ good for staring :
GIMP - The Basics Tutorial
How to use GIMP: Tutorials and resources

it is better if you can try yourself FDM.

yep. downthemall is a full stand alone download manager can be used as an alternate to FDM.

so which browser are you using now?

Mostly presto [ yes, still stuck with it and I just love it ] though stupid devs are ignoring it's potential ... till date it's the most memory efficient browser engine as at some point I've opened 100+ tabs with it. Second comes Chromium [ latest dev builds ], FF just for a few selected sites and IE11.