Useful Freewares...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Umile Encoder is a multimedia format conversion program that supports iPod, iPad, iPhone, Cell Phone, Game Consoles and other various devices. This program provides the user-friendly interface that enables you to convert various file format with ease.

Video Input Format: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 (Divx, OpenDivx, DivXS, Xvid), MPEG-4 AVC(H.246) Windows Media Video 7/8/9 (WMV 1/2/3), RealVideo 1.0/2.0/3.0/4.0, Intel Indeo 3.1/3.2/4.1/5.0, H.263, ASF, FLV.

Video Output Format: H.264, H.263, FLV, Xvid, MPEG-4(Divx, OpenDivx), MS MPEG-4 v2/v3, MP4V, MP43, MP4.

Audio Input Format: MPEG layer 1/2/3, AC3, DTS(Dolby Digital), AAC(MPEG-4 audio), Windows Media Audio v1/v2/v3, AMR-NB/AMR-WB, QCELP, EVRC.

Audio Output Format: AAC, MP3, MP2, AC3.

Output Subtitle files: .srt / . smi / .sub (subviewer Format), / .ass

Supported Devices:

APPLE - iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad 1 & 2, Apple TV, iPod Touch, iPod Classic, iPod Nano
HTC - Droid Incredible, Droid Eris, Desire, Hero, Legend, Wildfire, Magic, Tatto, Dream, T-Mobile G1, Mytouch 3G, Touch Diamond I, Touch Diamond II, EVO 4G, Aria, HD2,Touch Pro, Touch HD, Touch Pro 2, HD7
Motorola - Droid, Droid 2, i1, XT720, Milestone, CLIQ, CLIQ XT, DEVOUR, Flipout, BACKFLIP, DEXT, Quench, Droid X
Samsung - Captivate, Continum, Vibrant, Galaxy S 4G, Epic 4, Fascinate, Behold, Moment, Galaxy Tab 7.0
BlackBerry - Tour 9630, Storm 9530/9550, Bold 9000/9700, Curve 8300/8500/8900, Torch 9800
Microsoft Zune - Zune
Game Console - PSP, PS3, XBOX 360
Online VIDEO - Youtube, Facebook

Welcome to Umile Family (Umile Encoder 3)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@ Topgear
Mate can you recommend a good disk fragmenting software?

According to me this is best 3rd Party Defraggin software-
Defraggler

Defraggler - Features
Disk Defragmentation

Defragment exactly what you want

Other defragging programs are all-or-nothing: they don't have settings beyond defragmenting your entire hard drive at one go.

At Piriform, we understand that users want more control over what they can defrag. We've designed Defraggler to give you as many options as you need - without overwhelming you with needless clutter.

For most users (and especially impatient ones!), simply launch Defraggler, click the drive you want to defragment, and then click the big Defrag button. If you want to save some time, there's also Quick Defrag.

You can defragment an entire file, a folder, or a single file. Tell Defraggler to search for files of a particular size or type. Or tell it to exclude files by name, file type, or other criteria.

One of Defraggler's more advanced features is the ability to move large files to the end of the hard drive. Your computer accesses files faster if they're at the start of the drive. Defraggler can put the large files you probably don't use that often (videos and archives, for example) at the end of the drive so that Windows can find the smaller files faster.

Simple enough for everyday users, and flexible enough for those who demand the most options, Defraggler is your best choice to take back control of your hard drive.

Defraggler - File and Disk Defragmentation - Free Download

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
well I use this ;-)

UltraDefrag is a powerful Open Source Defragmentation tool for the Windows Platform. It can defragment any system files including registry hives and paging file. Also one of the main goals of UltraDefrag is doing the job as fast and reliable as possible.

UltraDefrag - An Open Source Defragmenter

sa_still_rocks

SA ~San Andreas
I have tons of DVDs and need a freeware to know what file is in what DVD without inserting each and everything in the DVD drive. I want a freeware to catalog and search the files that I have. Any suggestions?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ get this ;-)

Cathy - An extremely small, very fast and easy to use media cataloging tool. You can use it to index files stored on removable media (CD's, DVD's or even diskettes), hard disks or net drives, and create searchable catalogs that can be used without having access to original media. Searching capabilities are based on file name, date and size. Additional features include filtering options, search duplicates or singles, customizable date format, etc. Found files can be opened (executed) or deleted directly, if they are present. Drag&drop support. Directory trees, MP3 album/song lists can be printed, disk space usage can be investigated. Single file executable, no install needed.

*www.mtg.sk/rva/Cathy.zip

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
^^Try AIDA64.

Edit: Anybody knows about any softwares that performs this: Suppose I have a million songs, I want to preview/listen them (play around 20 secs from the middle) and then skip to the next song.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Edit: Anybody knows about any softwares that performs this: Suppose I have a million songs, I want to preview/listen them (play around 20 secs from the middle) and then skip to the next song.

I don't there any app like this even exists ;-)

to play music files randomly from a folder you can use Shuffle Music Player

The first music player that plays the music..... only randomly!
Let the player choose the music for you!
Just select the directories or files and click on play!

Supported file format:
mp3, flac, ogg, mod, it, xm, wav

My Portable Software - Shuffle Music Player

or 1by1 to play a entire folder full of mp3s ;-)

1by1 is a small, fast and handy audio player which is not only small: it provides a smart and versatile environment to handle your file collection and listen to your tracks - with no need for playlists or databases.

Features

Directory Player: directly plays your folder contents
Full Resume play: remembers last track and position
Gapless play · simple crossfading · Audio enhancer
Folder tree file navigation · Directory finder: plays whole drive
Supported decoders: ACM (mp3), mpglib (mp2, mp3)
BASS decoder library support (ogg, wav, aac, mp4, cd...)
Winamp 2.x input plugin support
File utils: copy, move, rename while play, delete, date change
Folder compare tool · Rename tool · Big title display
Cue sheet support · Playlist support · Favorites
Audio scrobbling support · Unicode support
Very small size · Low resource usage · portable
View screenshots

1by1 - free mp3 and multiformat audio directory player

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Dang, the softwares exists. As this thread was big and you experienced in softwares so I thought I would ask you. Anyways I will search it myself.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
if it exists why not share the name ??

let us know the name and download link if you find it ;-)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
WinSCP - is an open source free SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.

WinSCP :: Free SFTP and FTP client for Windows

it's one of the best app I use - highly recommended ;-)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
T r u e C r y p t

Free open-source disk encryption software for Windows 7/Vista/XP, Mac OS X, and Linux

Main Features:

Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a real disk.

Encrypts an entire partition or storage device such as USB flash drive or hard drive.

Encrypts a partition or drive where Windows is installed (pre-boot authentication).

Encryption is automatic, real-time (on-the-fly) and transparent.

Parallelization and pipelining allow data to be read and written as fast as if the drive was not encrypted.

Encryption can be hardware-accelerated on modern processors.

Provides plausible deniability, in case an adversary forces you to reveal the password:

Hidden volume (steganography) and hidden operating system.

More information about the features of TrueCrypt may be found in the documentation.
TrueCrypt - Free Open-Source On-The-Fly Disk Encryption Software for Windows 7/Vista/XP, Mac OS X and Linux

Top Bottom